We were only there for one night, but got a pretty good feeling of the place. Its not that close to anything, but taxi's are CHEAP around town. I think one way from the cocacola bus station was 2000 colones (approx $4). The reception hosts were friendly and spoke english; gave us all the pertinent information and offered us a breakfast for an additional $2.50 each. Consisted of eggs, toast, gallo pinto, OJ and coffee. A good portion of food that set us up for the day.
There is a pool area with hammocks, restaurant/ bar and a few couches in the main building within range of wi-fi. I felt very safe there with a locked doorbell entry front gate and secure rooms. Showers were a decent size and had a little temp gauge. You have to be aware that any showers with heat in central america are heated by electricity so DO NOT reach above the shower head. Not everywhere has a sign detailing this. Very important to remember.
Over all a pretty good place to stay and had a chill backpacker vibe. Stayed in a private double with shower down the hall for $15 each. They ask you to book online and give your credit card number but they don't take the money until you get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 budget hostel and meeting spot for travelers in San Jose, Costa Rica and Lonely Planet readers' favorite since 2001. We have excellent reviews from guide books and on internet. Come and meet people from all around the world in our little slice of paradise, swap stories ! Catch the sun in our tropical garden, swim in the pool and don`t miss the happy hour at the "BAR-PACKERS" at 5pm!ALL FREE - internet (7 computers), wifi, coffee & tea; kitchen facilities (save money cook for yourself), parking, storage.TOP FACILITIES - Biggest pool & garden in San Jose, sunbathing, cable tv, international phone calls, hot showers, laundry service, tour desk, 24-hr security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Costa Rica Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel San Jose
- Costa Rica Backpackers San Jose