Adventure Inn
Balmoral Hotel(San Jose)
$73
Official Hotel
Very Good 4/5
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
$123
$175
$170
Orbitz.com
2,581 results
All reviewsclose to the airportmoon glow restauranteric robinsoncosta ricalast nightfree shuttlefree breakfastfree international callshot tubcar rentalnext morningthe san jose airportrestaurant barrooms are largepura vidawake up callan early flight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2009

No question as to the value. Nice breakfast, made to order and free. Saff knowledgeable, and while I'm just learning Spanish, no problem as the staff speaks English quite well. Rooms clean. I felt safe and secure and the staff was available to answer any questions.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2009

This place is weird. There's nothing wrong with it at all, especially for the price. The hotel has basic rooms. It's perfect for staying on your first or last night in Costa Rica and is very close to the airport.. They offer a free shuttle and free parking which is great. Plus they helped us rent our car for our entire trip ahead of time and picked it up at the hotel at the end of the trip. But I couldn't imagine staying more than one night. It's in a nice, safe area, but there's not much around the hotel. The hotel's food is really good, we had dinner and free breakfast, both good.

The staff is helpful, I think they try to be too helpful. You get a list of travel tips that never seems to end and to say the hotel decoration is kitchy is an understatement. The pool is like in a hallway, so if you wanted to go swimming you wouldn't have much privacy. They have free internet, which is great to send an email home saying you arrived safely.

All and all its a good place, I'd recommend it, its good if you just need a place to stay, but I wouldn't stay more than one night.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We always stay at the Adventure Inn when we fly to or from our home in Costa Rica. The English speaking staff are always friendly and accommodating, the free internet and trip to the airport is much appreciated. When I stayed there a few weeks ago my foot was in a cast and the staff did everything to make things easy for me, including offering to change rooms so I did not have to walk as much. I believe this hotel is the best value in San Jose area.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2009

Spotless,great food,helpful staff,very quiet for sleeping,and has all amenities for all your requirements.We enjoyed the company of many other Canadians and Americans in the hotel.It is a great place to use as a home base for tours around Costa Rico.Our stay was too short.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Great place to stay when you get in Costa Rica and travel too and from - will definitely stay there next time

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple