Adventure Inn
$160
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Aranjuez(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$46
$79
$77
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Hostel Casa Colon(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$46
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Dunn Inn(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$62
$50
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
2,581 results
All reviewsclose to the airportmoon glow restauranteric robinsoncosta ricalast nightfree shuttlefree breakfastfree international callshot tubcar rentalnext morningthe san jose airportrestaurant barrooms are largepura vidawake up callan early flight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2009

I have stayed at the Adventure Inn in San Jose, Costa Rica many times (I think twelve or thirteen) and I can tell you it is an extraordinary hotel for many reasons. It is close to the airport in the peaceful Cariari area. The rooms are large, exceedingly clean, air conditioned, quiet, and priced very competitively. The hotel has 24 hour security personnel and the front desk is always manned with the most delightful employees, all of whom speak perfect English. The hotel has a bar/restaurant, the Moon Glow, which serves a complementary breakfast for hotel guests as well as excellent lunches and dinners, or just drinks and bar foods. The hotel is only $2.00 taxi fare from the Cariari Mall which is a great place to shop and have a lunch. But, what I say next is really the reason this hotel is so exceptional. The employees there are collectively the nicest, most efficient, most wonderful people I have ever met. They truly have become like family members. You often read of the gracious, friendly Costa Rican people and to experience that for yourself you only need to stay at the Adventure Inn. I visit Costa Rica about three times a year and each visit starts and ends at the Adventure Inn (I take advantage of the weekly room rate). I can’t wait to return and be with my friends once again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Friendly staff.
Nice atmosphere.
Good value.
Food was excellent.

Reviewed February 22, 2009

As independent traveler's to Costa Rica, my husband and I had concerns about being taken advantage of, due to literature we read in advance. We are in our 50's-60's. Our arrival was smooth, made easier by the helpful instructions provided by hotel owner, prior to our arrival. We asked a number of questions of the owner, via e-mail, prior to our trip and received prompt and useful information.

We found our hotel room exceptionally adequate for our purposes of being on tour each day and returning to a comfortable room at night. Along with a table, two chairs, tv (with English-speaking channels) we had 2 queen sized beds in our room. It was a first-time pleasant novelty to have a bidet in our bathroom too! We met many travelers from around the world at the on-site restaurant where a sufficient breakfast (American or Costa Rican) was free every morning of our stay. An extra bonus was to not carry a laptop but rather use one of the hotel's 5 computers each day to check e-mail or surf the net. Sometimes we'd simply read a book off the hotel bookshelves, left by other travelers.

We made San Jose our base and took day trips utilizing tour operators suscribed by Adventure Inn. The tour company chosen to provide services for the hotel was a good one and gave us a nice cross-section of the country. The only drawback about making San Jose our base was the mountainous terrain we trekked each day for our tours.

Whether you stay at Adventure Inn for a day, weekend, or the whole of your visit, we recommend it without reservation. What is represented at their website is the experience we enjoyed during our visit.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2009

Stayed here with gf last night of our trip (we were flying 8am next day.(As an aside I will also recommend using Sansa Airlines. At approx. 2:30pm we were in Tambor and by 4pm we were showering in the Adventure Inn. It was $180 for the 2 of us one way, but it saved 5-6 hours of driving on a limted 1 week vacation). The hotel lived up to it's online personna. Very clean and modern. The receptionist (perhaps owner?), spoke fluent english. Rooms were very spacious, had good beds, bathroom, safe box, cable tv. They deducted $10 from our bill for the taxi ride from the airport (and they set us up with a free ride to SJO in the morning in a taxi). Deduct that from the $80 price and it's basically a $60 night. Bar/lounge in the hotel was very nice, although it depressed me heading home to watch Fox News on one channel in the bar and CNN in the other. All Americas in the hotel. If I had to stay in San Jose in business I'd definetly use this place, but I couldn't see any reason to stay in the area. I'll be here again next time I'm flying out of SJO airport, and highly recommend it .

Reviewed February 16, 2009

We booked our stay at this hotel via the internet, and spen our first and last nights in Costa Rica at this place. E mail communication was very efficient with the owner, Mike. Both times when we checked in the ladies at reception were very helpful and polite. They confirmed our tour pick up time on the second day and also made restaurant reservations for us on out last night. The price of the taxi transfers from the hotel are deducted from the room bill, which is a nice touch. The hotel itself is simple, clean and straightforward. The small bar and restaurant that it has is good (the Beef Casado was excellent). The rooms we stayed in were both clean and spacious, but a little prone to noise pollution (nothing too bad however). For the price, very good value for money. We would definately stay here again on a return trip to Costa Rica.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)