“Nice hotel for first and last night”
Review of Adventure Inn

Adventure Inn
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The staff is wonderfully friendly, the rooms nice, very close to the airport, free transfer included. You couldn't ask for a better place to stay when you arrive or depart Costa Rica. We also walked around the neighborhood a bit before our Sansa flight to the Osa departed, and it's in a nice area.

2  Thank monicarichards
There are newer reviews for Adventure Inn

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way out of Costa Rica. We had an early flight, but the staff was very accommodating. They prepared an breakfast to-go and had a taxi waiting to take us to the airport at 3:30 (yikes!) The room was big and was painted with clean pictures of animals. The best part was the jacuzzi tub... perfect way to unwind.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I spent the night here on my way out of Costa Rica and found it to be everything the positive reviews said it was. The thing that stands out in my mind the most was the staff. They were always helpful and willing to go the extra mile. For instance, I was in desperate need of some lotion after coming from the jungle for three months...my skin started to dry up when I hit the city. The lady at the front desk said she would look for some and then a man looked for much longer than necessary then came to my room with it!

The lady at the bar was interacting with guests and laughing with them and the bell hops were always smiling and helpful as well. The room was large and clean and no a/c was needed at night. I missed having breakfast in the morning due to an early flight but they did take me to the airport at an ungodly hour without fuss or complaint. I could have gotten a breakfast to go but I forgot to ask for it that morning.

The pool was nice and clean and a great place to hang out around. Unfortunately the first time I went it was raining a bit so I didn't get in but it was warm. The pool furniture is in great shape unlike most hotels.

I liked my stay so much that I went back again on my return trip yesterday. Once again the staff shined, I always get my wakeup call and the to go breakfast of fruit, juice and a great cookie hit the spot! The owner is also extremely nice and accommodating and is proud of his staff which you can tell when you visit. They do seem genuinely happy. There is a reason he does a good business and I can highly recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank hotrodgurl
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there a night before heading out to Arenal area. Rooms are a bit dated, but fantastic service. Great place to spend a night. Food is good if you stick to the traditional menu. They have a hot tub which was great! A good place overall if you are looking to spend a night near the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank SavaniT
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay very much, close to the airport, quick shuttle and nice breakfast are included in the price of the room. It was recommend by a local American and I was not disappointed. It is very much like an American 4* hotel. Most important I got a Good Nights Sleep......

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank 128RuthP
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is very clean and extremely friendly. The staff is amazing, they greeted our family with smiles and a fruit basket and flowers. They set up a wake call, transportation to airport and because we had to fly very early morning, they handed each one of us a to go breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel.

2  Thank Zompetti
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is an excellent option if you need to stay near the airport (less than 10 minutes away) when arrrving or departing and want to avoid going into to San Jose. By Costa Rican standards it is a very high quality hotel with nice grounds, in a upscale enighborhood. It has a nice restaurant and bar, many services (free internet, local and international calls, computers, free airport shuttle) and a great breakfast. The staff is nice, fully bilingual (English) and will help you arrange any tour, car rental and give you travel advice. It's a good alternative to the big chain hotels around the airport because it has a Costa Rican feel, not corporate USA hotel. It's a nice way to end or start your trip.

2  Thank Lorenzo0333