Adventure Inn
Bookit.com
$75
$65
$90
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
$123
$86
$99
$84
$59
  • Breakfast included
Cocoon Hotel(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$38
  • Breakfast included
Hostel Casa Colon(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$46
$45
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Dunn Inn(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$61
$53
Hotwire.com
2,581 results
All reviewsclose to the airportmoon glow restauranteric robinsoncosta ricalast nightfree shuttlefree breakfastfree international callshot tubcar rentalnext morningthe san jose airportrestaurant barrooms are largepura vidawake up callan early flight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is convenient to the airport, 10 minutes or so, so we stayed there from a late flight waiting for our friends the next day. We had time on our hands so they told us how to take the bus downtown San Jose and how to get back. The free breakfast was from a menu and was wonderful. The little restaurant was very good. The staff was very friendly and had good English. I enjoyed the murals and paintings on the wall. I probably wouldn't stay for a week but for an overnight it was wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My daughter & I spent 7 wonderful days @ the adventure inn, San Jose. When it was time to depart I felt sad to be leaving my new close friends & family. (staff) I can't say enough about the all staff & how helpful & welcome we/I felt. This includes the restaurant (which was excellent & accommodating) and the front desk staff. Although, I ate most of my dinners at the restaurant I left still wanting to try another selection or special. The menu is very diversified both dinner & breakfast ( includes breakfast) I would highly recommend the adventure inn. The tours recommended were amazing. We also enjoyed relaxing @ the pool. complementary airport pickup & international calls were added bonuses. This was my first trip to costa rica & I can't wait to return to adventure inn!

Room Tip: We had a nice room on the first floor which was quiet & comfortable for my college aged daughter & I! B Kathleen Carr & Katie corallino ( room 5)
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is an excellent place for folks to arrive and depart. The services for travelers are excellent, including free airport transportation, breakfast packed for the plane, free international phone calls and internet, easy to find location. The staff is wonderful and goes out of their way to help. Laundry service is available as well as an excellent restaurant. They make the transition truly easy. The Steiner Family

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage to tote (we didn't use half of what we brought!) ask for a first floor room.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our flight was delayed from an 11:30am arrival in San Jose, to 10:15PM arrival... We had planned on going straight to Playa Santa Teresa (our main destination) as soon as we landed. Obviously, that did not happen. When we contacted the manager of the hotel in Playa Santa Teresa (Casa Cecilia) to advise of our situation, he recommended overnighting in San Jose (Alajuela, really) at the Adventure Inn. GLAD we did! When we got there, the hotel's restaurant (supposed to be excellent) was closed, but the manager, Rosa, offered to go into the kitchen and cook for us, knowing that we must be hungry. Of course, we did not make her cook, but she did insist that she put together something, and while the bellman was getting our luggage to our room, Rosa put together a wonderful fruit and cheese plate, with several slices of the best banana bread I have ever had! Long story less long... The service and hospitality at the Adventure in is OUTSTANDING. It is located close to the airport, so it is a perfect place to begin or end you trip. The hotel and rooms are beautiful and immaculately clean. The beds are very comfortable. Price is great, too, especially considering the quality of the hotel and service. I highly recommend the Adventure Inn if you need a hotel near the airport! We will be back to the Adventure Inn, for sure!

1  Thank CoastalBender
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here for one night as two couples on our arrival in San Jose. The hotel had arranged a late-night complimentary pick-up from the airport and we received a very warm welcome on arrival. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable with individual murals on the walls of each room. The theme continued throughout the hotel, giving it a lively, tropical feel - wonderful when you have just arrived from snow! The breakfasts were excellent with a large choice of fruit, cereal and cooked food. Sadly, we didn't have time to take advantage of the lovely pool, as we were being picked up by a friend after breakfast, but we did manage to sit in the sunshine on the poolside while we waited. Our friends tried to book another night later into our holiday, but unsurprisingly it was full. On a practical note, the welcoming email sent out after booking is packed with useful information and advice about Costa Rica in general and their partner hotels in particular. We did in fact stay in two of their other hotels in Manuel Antonio (Hotel Mandarina) and Tortuguero (Casa Marbella), both of which were excellent. If we were ever to return to Costa Rica we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jane T
AdventureInn, Manager at Adventure Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

A small note about the welcome email. When booking through third party websites, they do not provide us with the guests' contact information. So you can either send us an email through our website and request it, or better yet, just book in real-time directly through our website and we'll make sure you receive it.