“Best Way to Start Your Trip in Costa Rica!”
Review of Adventure Inn

Adventure Inn
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Way to Start Your Trip in Costa Rica!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

It was a group of 14 of us travelling to Manuel Antonio, CR. We needed to find a hotel near the airport for our first night arriving in CR and the night before departing CR. I used Google Maps to search out hotels near the airport and noticed the typical Holiday Inn Express, Marriott, etc. I came across Adventure Inn (about a 10 minute drive from the airport) and read the reviews which lead me to booking rooms for all 14 of us. To me, Adventure Inn is THE BEST way to start your vacation in Costa Rica! A unique hotel with wonderful ambiance and extremely helpful staff. There's a pool, a restaurant with bar, and free shuttle service to get you to and from the airport. The best thing though? The amazing breakfast that is included with your booking! I'm not talking your typical continental breakfast - this is full on - elaborate, and most of all, delicious. Fresh local fruits and juices as well. When our group first arrived, it was around 9pm, and we all needed to decompress from our travels. The staff at the bar were very friendly and definitely made us feel welcome. The rooms were clean, the showers were great. No complaints. I'm definitely booking here again when I return to Costa Rica!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I spent five nights at this hotel. When we left we felt as if we were leaving old friends. We were especially impressed with Jeanneth and the staff in the Moon Glow restaurant. Also the front desk provided excellent service, including arranging for an in-room massage which was fabulous. I looked forward to practicing my Spanish everyday with the lovely housekeeping staff who did a great job at keeping our room fresh and clean. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and filling and the dinner menu was equally tasty. We definitely plan to visit again. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cgcs
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at Adventure Inn for one night before our local Sansa flight the next morning. The staff at the hotel were very welcoming and checked us in right away. When the extra bed we asked for wasn't in our room, the manager was on it and brought one in no questions asked and at no extra charge. Hotel was clean, and the rooms all you need for our stay. The bar and restaurant were good and I highly recommend the ceviche and hearts of palm salad! I will definitely bus the hotel again if back in San Jose!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Skidd1024
Provincetown
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stay here every time we travel through San Jose. It's close to the airport, the staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, the restaurant is great, and its got a lot of charm and funkiness to it unlike those bland chain hotels. It's everything you need! I couldn't recommend it more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank missamerica1974
victor ny
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Owner Eric provided us tons of great info upon making our reservation. Communicaiton was clear and response was quick. We ended up needing to cancel our resrevation due to a change in our schedule and they made it hastle-free! Anxious to stay here next time!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sheila_beila_66
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

My new husband and I stayed at this hotel for three nights during our honeymoon. There is no way I could rave enough about this hotel and there is also no way I will stay in any other hotel in the San Jose area during any future trips to Costa Rica. From the beginning, the owners were prompt in returning my emails and I asked for them to put a bottle of champagne in the room for when we arrived which they actually remembered to do. I don't know, it really means a lot to me when people follow through on what they say they are going to do! We ate breakfast every morning we were there and it was lovely and very filling. Everyone that works at Adventure Inn are friendly and helpful. I asked a waitress to fill up two of our water bottles for our day's journey and she took them and then saw that I was waiting at the counter but told me to go sit down and she would bring them to me. Above and beyond service all around. The front desk staff (especially Rosie) were truly wonderful. She helped us get a car rental set up and handled all our back and forth decision making with grace and a smile. The rooms were fantastic. Clean, comfortable bed, everything worked properly, etc. We didn't use the pool or spa, but they looked very inviting. The free shuttle to and from the airport worked flawlessly. The biggest thing for me about this place is that we were treated us like they actually wanted us to be there and truly cared about whether or not we had a good vacation. I really can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Youwinsome
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I were very pleased with our stay at Adventure Inn.
The Hotel was very easy to get to and only a Short distance from the Airport.
We liked the neighborhood the hotel was located in and felt very safe. The food
was really good and we never left the hotel for Dinner. This was my second trip to
Costa Rica and I will plan on staying at Adventure Inn when we return. Both trips we
took were great I would use the tours that they suggest. Keith

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple