“Aftert a long flight, Adventure Inn was just what we needed” 5 of 5 stars

Adventure Inn
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sussex
“Aftert a long flight, Adventure Inn was just what we needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We (family of 4 with 2 teenage boys) visited Costa Rica from the UK in July 2012 and after a long flight, transiting through Houston, the services offered by Adventure Inn were just what we needed. Our pre-arranged transfer from San Jose airport to the hotel was straightforward and efficient. Check-in was friendly and speedy and our room was large and comfortable. After a quick shower we all had a great nights sleep. Breakfast the following morning was very welcome and a nice introduction to Costa Rica. We were then transferred to Poas airport for our flight to Osa.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Whyone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent economical hotel close to the airport and on the bus route into San Jose. Shuttle bus was waiting and took me directly to the hotel. Desk staff were very helpful. The room was well decorated, clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The restaurant staff were friendly and the breakfast in the morning was first rate. Lots of cereal fruit bacon and eggs etc. I can recommend this hotel unreservedly!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rooms were clean, people were nice, we felt very safe there. Breakfast was awesome. It was a great place to start and end our trip. Free internet access was great. They also had books that we could borrow which was nice. Rooms on the second floor are bigger and nicer.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms and the first one on the second floor overlooking the pool was bigg...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I was in Costa Rica on a business trip and stood in this hotel. It was my first time in this country and my sister book this hotel for me. I wasnt sure about it. But I'm glad she picked this hotel. The staff is wonderful, helpful, friendly, and most important very informative. They made me feel like I was at home. The food is wonderful the services are great and most important the international calls are free. I was able to speak to my boss, friends and family. The hotel is very clean and in my opinion good safe location. Its a simple hotel but the staff is what makes this hotel the best.I just want to thank everyone at Adventure Inn you guys are the best.
David

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mal Pais, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was highly impressed by Adventure Inn and would recommend it to anyone! I was promptly picked up when my international flight arrived at the San Jose Airport by the Shuttle Bus and didn't have to wait a moment. I was taken straight to the hotel and greeted warmly by the staff even though it was past 9pm. I was then walked through everything from the restaurant hours to setting up a taxi to take me to the airport to catch my next flight. Breakfast was complimentary as was International/local calls and WiFi, which was a pleasant surprise. The staff were courteous and very friendly and the rooms were quite large and very clean. I didn't have time to enjoy the pool but it looked lovely as well. Rates were great and I won't hesitate to book there again when I return through San Jose!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Katherine B
Buena Vista, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Another fantastic two nights coming and going to Cocles'. The Adventure Inn Staff is fantastic and the best news is JEANNETH is back managing the Moon Glow Restuarant and Lounge. We enjoyed the most pleasurable meals to go along with our stay. Great presentation, service and flavors. It is hard to consider going else where. These people are like family and are as much a part of our trips to Costa Rica as going to our Casa. Pura Vida!

Room Tip: The back rooms are quiter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This place is so kitchy (sic) and unusual, I just loved it. Maybe its the cement frogs on the stairs and the old jacuzzi turned-into a koi pond... its just neat and fun. The food at the restaurant is good, service is quite good, its quite convenient to/from San Jose Int'l, rooms are spacious, etc. etc. Rates are pretty reasonable too. It can get a bit noisy early and late due to the typical loud kids, but mostly in the courtyard/atrium adjacent rooms

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room that does not have a door/window abutting the atrium o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple