Adventure Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
City Express San Jose Costa Rica(San Antonio De Belen)
View Hotel
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose(San Antonio De Belen)
2,581 results
All reviewsclose to the airportmoon glow restauranteric robinsoncosta ricalast nightfree shuttlefree breakfastfree international callshot tubcar rentalnext morningthe san jose airportrestaurant barrooms are largepura vidawake up callan early flight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2008

I booked my hotel by emailing the adventure inn itself. The sons owner was prompt to emails, and right on top of things. I went there alone for surgery, and had an extended stay of two weeks, which works out to 49 a night. If you stay monthly its only 39.
Theres not alot within walking distance, but the hotel and staff is beautiful. I was in alot of pain from surgery, and Mike was awesome enough to give me a name a phone number of a nurse who came to help. thank you Glenda, you were such a help, I really needed someone.
The girls in restaurant were prompt with room service and helped me alot. maria was an awesome maid, always smiling.
I was in the back of the hotel which had alot of privacy, and I felt safe all the time. However, if you are going to Costa Rica for surgery, I suggest not getting the jacuzzi suite. Its a big step up for someone who is in pain or disabled. My grandmother went in and it took us an hour to get her out.
Security guards, staff at desk, everyone always had a smile. This hotel is by far the best value for the money. And to have some piece and quiet from the busy city.
If you do stay here, make sure to walk down the street every morning and feed the ducks at the pond. I have them all named and Im sure they miss their morning bread. :(
Oh and on Friday or saturday, you MUST go to the Pueblo Antiguo dinner show. It was the best time of my trip and it was truly amazing! Only 45 dollars, worth every penny

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed January 25, 2008

From the moment we arrived we felt very welcome. The staff grreted us with a smile and that was the way it was until we left. Very clean, comfortable room. The restaraunt had wonderful food and the bar had great beverages with exceptional conversations.
Not too fancy, just right. Thanks to the owners and staff for a great stay. We'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2008

Needed a hotel for a quick night's sleep before heading out of San Jose the next morning.

Adventure Inn was $15 cab ride from International Airport (five passengers) - which they credited towards our room. Hotel is about 15 minutes from airport and located in a safe neighborhood. Front desk staff that night was very friendly. Rooms were large and clean. Sitting area on 2nd level also had four computers with internet access.

There is a bar and restaurant within the hotel. A hot tub also, which was not operating while we were there (perhaps because it was after 10:00 pm).

We received our wake up call on time and was provided a free breakfast of eggs, fruit, toast, potatoes, coffee and juice. The morning staff spoke very little English - so practice up on your Spanish (as you should before traveling to Costa Rica anyway!)

Taxi was early and was only $15 for five passengers to Pavas Airport.

The hotel served its purpose - I thought the rooms were a bit pricey though. But it seems the price of rooms in San Jose increased quite a bit from 2007 to 2008.

One thing I didn't like - and had I been traveling alone it would have really bothered me - was our windows did not lock. We were on the 2nd floor and I was able to jimmy something up against them to make me feel safe enough (and my husband in the room helped) to fall asleep.

If you are at all considering the Best Western Downtown - do NOT stay there. I did on a previous trip and it was a nightmare.

I would stay at the Adventure Inn again and recommend it to friends needing a place near Pavas airport for Nature Air and Sansa flights.

You may need to remind the clerk of the discount mentioned on their website if you pay in cash.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank DrakeBayDreamer
Reviewed January 13, 2008

My girlfriend and I just stayed overnight after arriving to CR before departing to Puerto Viejo. If we had known what a great place this is we would have booked more nights. The staff are wonderful and friendly. They had prearranged our transport to our next destination which was extremely helpful.The room was very comfortable and exceptionally clean. The breakfast was very good. It is a great place to stay in the San Jose area and very reasonably priced. I will most definitely stay here again on my next trip to CR but for much longer.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank RUMZKAL
Reviewed January 1, 2008

Adventure Inn Staff was responsive, helped us settle in at our 2:30am arrival (the guard was there to unlock the doors), and later arranged for taxi service with little advance notice.

The rooms were quiet, comfortable, & secure. The included breakfast was hearty and delicious, with rice and beans, eggs to order, breads/toasts, juices, and fruits.

Mike, the owner of Adventure Inn, was very helpful arranging a car rental and tour for us.
Mike arranged for a week rental of a Terios 4wd, just right for our family of four as we needed a 4 wheel drive for the southern Pacific Coast. Mike was also accomodating as we changed the dates of our arrival and departure a few times.

We also appreciated the complimentary and speedy internet service. For us, Adventure Inn was a good base and source of information and tours for the the San Jose area.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family