“cant wait to stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Adventure Inn

Adventure Inn
Ranked #4 of 85 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
southborough
“cant wait to stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

i really liked the adventure inn. I was only there for 2 nights but what a nice place . This was my third time to costa rica . Last year we stayed right near the airport for our last night or two before going home, and the year before that we stayed downtown. I hated both. I couldn't wait to leave. I am so glad to have stayed at adventure inn, i really enjoyed it there. Our room was big , bright and clean. The breakfast is so good. We had dinner 1 night and it was delicious. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Adventure inn has so many tours to offer, There is a mall you can walk to. We felt safe. I am looking forward to staying again on my next trip to costa rica !!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
Ticowife
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

The adventure inn is a quaint, cozy inn with friendly staff. The prices for the very clean and comfortable rooms are very reasonable. As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe and comfortable here. I really appreciated the free, prompt and courteous taxi transfers to and from the airport. The complimentary breakfast was very good and offered many choices from Tico to North American style breakfast. Wifi worked great and 4 computers available free to guests are a lot considering how small the inn is. They are pet friendly for a small extra fee. you could easily make this inn your base for exploring Costa Rica since it is so affordable and they offer a wide selection of Tours. I will definitely return to the Adventure Inn. My only criticism is that I thought for meals other than breakfast, the restaurant prices were very expensive even compared to New York prices.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Ticowife
colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

Very good value, clean room, free one way taxi from airport, free internet.
Wake up call on time. Very helpful staff. Don't get room #28, right by the pool and tons of noise until 9:00PM. We missed the breakfast, left hotel at 4:15AM for airport. With all these positive things, I hate to mention anything negative..... Take away breakfast was Bimbo bread and 2 kinds of fruit. After checking in, we went to the restaurant for a snack, chips and guacamole were not good, but pico de gallo and black beans were very good. Don't order a margarita, very odd tasting, stick with beer. Dinner was also very mediocre, we ordered fish, maybe not the right choice.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the pool!
1 Thank Elizabeth S
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

The Canadian owners provide loads of good information when you book, including exactly how to reach the hotel by taxi from the airport - for which the hotel will pay. Location excellent for the airport, less good for the centre of town but that was not a worry for us.
Our room was large and more than adequate (apart from noisy air con). We were upgraded, some of the other rooms I glimpsed looked more cramped. Restaurant modest but very good. The other big plus was that the owners and staff were really knowledgeable and helpful about onward travel in Costa Rica.
Altogether a good stay. Strongly recommended.

Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

We were greeted in less than 3 minutes, checked in quickly. We did have an early flight, communicated our needs to the receptionist. We had our wake up call on time, had a bellman waiting by our door 10 min. prior to leaving and a Taxi waiting for us at the front door.

I did take note of the carpet runner in the common hallways, this did significantly reduce hall way noise and provided for a quiet stay. The room was large, and clean. The linens were clean and ample in supply for our occupancy. Our bed was comfortable, firm with out lumps. The A/C unit sufficiently cooled our room. The hot water did take a few minutes to come thru the tap, but there were signs explaining this. I ran the hot water while I brushed my teeth and put out my shower supplies. Once the hot water arrived it was sufficient for me (I take a 5 minute shower) and the pressure was adequate.

We did eat in the restaurant, I enjoyed the fish, my husband had the chicken. The service was solid, the food tasty.

We did take advantage of the free WiFi, which was a plus. The management did a great job of posting helpful information in the room. This was a great place to complete our stay in Costa Rica.

2 Thank Jana T
Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

In March 2011 I stayed at Adventure Inn for the first and last nights of a trip to the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica. I stayed here the previous year before heading to Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean coast because it is a stop for Interbus. This year, I was taking a Nature Air flight from Pavas airport to Palmar Sur the next morning. This hotel is in a good location midway between the international airport and Pavas airport where Nature Air is located. It is about 10 minutes from the international airport and 15 minutes from Pavas. Adventure Inn will credit your cab fare from the international airport (about $11) to your hotel bill so they basically pay your cab fare to the hotel. For the last night of my trip, they paid the fare from the hotel back to the international airport. I had to pay the fare to and from Pavas (about $15).

The rooms are basic, but large and clean. There is a small coffee maker along with coffee and sugar for that first cup of coffee in the morning (a nice touch). Breakfast is included in the rate, and is served in their onsite restaurant/bar from 6am to 10am. There is the usual American fare as well as Costa Rican specialties. If you need to leave earlier than 6am, the hotel will pack a sandwich and fruit to go. For lunch or dinner, the restaurant serves a great half-pound cheeseburger and fries for around $9.

The hotel is located in a rather up-scale neighborhood and is within walking distance to the Cariari Mall, restaurants, and grocery stores. After spending a good part of the day in airports and planes, it was nice to be able to get out for a walk. If you just feel like relaxing, there is a new pool and jacuzzi. There is also a computer room with 4 computers available for guests’ use as well as an exercise room. Need a taxi? No problem. Just let the receptionist know, and one will be waiting when you get to the front desk.

Like many hotels in the area, Adventure Inn will let you store your extra luggage until you return. This is a nice service since the local airlines have a 25-pound weight limit.

When I returned for my last night in Costa Rica prior to an early flight home the next morning, I went online and learned that my flight from Costa Rica had been canceled. Nancy at the front desk offered to call the airline office in Costa Rica and find a person who spoke English so I could make alternate arrangements. Not a big deal, but I really appreciated her help.

I wouldn’t hesitate to return in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank bmh5563
San Salvador, El Salvador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2011

Excellent, friendly and helpful staff from the front desk. Clean, big rooms, with even a coffe maker to taste the nice "café tico".
Delicious free breakfast for every night of your stay. Free ride from or to the airport.
It's near the Cariari Mall where you can find fast food restaurants and a supermarket.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo