I have stayed at this hotel on 3 separate occasions now, so clearly it is a decent enough place to keep drawing me back. Every time I have arrived I have had a member of staff greet me by name (I wasn't the only guest there either!) and then go out of their way to help me and make sure I was comfortable. The rooms are fairly large and clean, the bathrooms have a shower but no bath. The first time I stayed there I struggled to get hot water as did my friends but the trick to the taps is you have to turn them on slowly and gradually and once the water is warm you can turn them up more (I'm not sure why but trust me it worked). The only problem with this hotel is that it's very close to the railway line and it is unbelievably noisy. I was told that the train lines were built after the hotel and if that's the case then it's very unfortunate. The first night I stayed there was a Sunday and the trains didn't seem to be running during the night but 5am on the dot on Monday I was woken up by a train horn right outside my bedroom which scared me half to death. The other 2 nights that I stayed there the train ran all night and to say sleeping was difficult would be an understatement.
I would recommend this trip for a night, it's a basic hotel but it's clean, has hot water, TV and free wifi access. I think for longer stays I would struggle as I couldn't sleep due to the trains and that would definitely impact on me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ``where you will feel at home´´ Warmth, charm and a personalized service. La Posada del Museo is a 1928 Victorian style wooden building that has been restored to offer its guest great comfort. Located in the historical and cultural district of San Jose, on a palm-lined boulevard, within walking distance to touristic points of interest: museums, theaters, parks, monuments, shops and cinemas. All our rooms are equally well equiped. The hotel offers 24 hour wi-fi service, a computer available for guests at the reception, cable tv private parking, You can also visit our ''Cafe de la Posada'', an Argentinian-European cafe-restaurant, with an outdoor terrace overlooking the boulevard; Making it the perfect location for people to experience the lovely climate of San Jose while enjoying one of our delicious specialties. Rotating art exhibitions take place every month at the cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com and Booking.com so you can book your Posada Del Museo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Del Museo San Jose
- Posada Del Museo Costa Rica/San Jose