This was not the height of luxury, but I still enjoyed it very much. I found it charming, and breakfast in the morning (free) was downstairs at the attached cafe. Eating fruit and toast and reading the paper in the cafe as people strolled down the sunlight street to work in the morning was lovely.
Ok sure, the train goes by and starts blowing its horn at 6 a.m. But I think that all of Costa Rica wakes up by then. Otherwise the street noise was very minimal. I live in NYC, so maybe I'm immune. But my one night there was very pleasant, and the front desk staff was helpful even late at night when I arrived. The lobby was stunning, and the hotel felt very safe behind a locked gate at night. Internet use on the lounge computer was free.
My room was small and had the tiniest bathroom ever, but again, I live in NYC, so I'm used to tiny living spaces. It was also neat and quaint, and had a few modern touches like paper lamps on the bedside tables. It might not be perfect for everyone, but for the price and location -- a short walk to the rest of downtown -- it was perfect for me. If you can tolerate an urban environment in a Central American country, you will be fine here. And if you can't, then just stay at one of the boring Americanized hotels somewhere else. I thought it was lovely, and if I liked San Jose more as a city I would have stayed at this hotel longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ``where you will feel at home´´ Warmth, charm and a personalized service. La Posada del Museo is a 1928 Victorian style wooden building that has been restored to offer its guest great comfort. Located in the historical and cultural district of San Jose, on a palm-lined boulevard, within walking distance to touristic points of interest: museums, theaters, parks, monuments, shops and cinemas. All our rooms are equally well equiped. The hotel offers 24 hour wi-fi service, a computer available for guests at the reception, cable tv private parking, You can also visit our ''Cafe de la Posada'', an Argentinian-European cafe-restaurant, with an outdoor terrace overlooking the boulevard; Making it the perfect location for people to experience the lovely climate of San Jose while enjoying one of our delicious specialties. Rotating art exhibitions take place every month at the cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Posada Del Museo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Posada Del Museo San Jose
- Posada Del Museo Costa Rica/San Jose