“Stands Out in a Competitive Field”

San Jose Urban Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
$77.00*
and up
San Jose Evening Tour with Dinner in Escazú
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: San Jose Urban Adventures offers day walking tours with a local expert guide in San Jose. In only a few hours, you’ll uncover back streets and hidden gems as you step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with local food, culture, and traditions. This fantastic urban experience is sure to be your best day ever in San Jose.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Stands Out in a Competitive Field”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I went on a day tour with San Jose Urban Adventures in January 2014. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Costa Rican tour companies are already have a considerable advantage because of the country's accessible and varied natural beauty, as well as its well-developed tourism industry. Even mediocre tour guides could thrive in this environment by leaning on these attributes. That's what made the dedication and enthusiasm of the staff at Urban Adventures more impressive.

My guide (and owner of the company) Eric showed up as scheduled and even accommodated my request to pick me up at my hotel in Escazú. As I was the only one to sign up for that day's tour of the La Selva Biological Station, the itinerary was more flexible. At my request, we were able to stop for breakfast and go to the Central Market in San Jose to pick up some coffee from a vendor he recommended.

The tour was very illuminating. Of course, anyone could have a pleasant day walking the trails in the rainforest by themselves, but Eric provided the critical context to make sense of it all and answered all my questions. I was particularly impressed by his abilities to locate animals far off in the distance, and to differente species of toucans based on their calls.

My understanding is that Urban Adventures focuses mainly on tours of San Jose (as the name suggests). However, based on the proprietor's obvious passion for what he does - seriously, the guy's a workoholic - I would strongly endorse this company for any type of tour.

Visited January 2014