“Great food always” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Great food always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

I always stay at the Adventure Inn while in SJ and love the food at the Moon Glow Bar & Grill.

Breakfast (include in your stay) is always great. You can order off the menu. My grandson loved the pancakes. I've tried quite a few of their breakfasts and loved them all. There is also a small buffet table. Has fruits, pastries, cheeses.. you can make your own toast, boiled eggs and more.

Dinner and lunch menu if very reasonably priced. The ceasar salad with chicken added was a great salad with bit chunks of chicken on top. I was pleasantly surprised. Had tried both beef and chicken queasadillas and they are great also. Nachos fabulous.

My grandson had a pasta dish that he also loved. You just can't go wrong with anything you order and the staff are awesome. No need to venture out looking for meals.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank lesab33

Chicago, Illinois
“Great food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

The staff here are amazing! We stayed multiple nights at the adventure inn and had many a breakfast and two dinners at the MoonGlow. The chef here is extremely talented. Our first dinner we had some traditional costa rican food and it was delicious. On our second night we were made an anniversary dinner and it was some of the best seafood I have had my entire life.

We felt very welcome here and would suggest staying at this hotel and having breakfast and dinner there. They offer great coffee and FRESH fruit, best hotel breakfast our whole vacation, and an excellent dinner.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank dynamictravelingduo
Wayne, Michigan
“good food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

the chicken lemon and rice was excellent , grandsons quesadilla was very good and the guacamole was some of the best ever.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Perry W
Tokai, Japan
“What a nice surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was sort of stuck in this hotel for 4 days, the length of time it took me to organize longer-term accommodation in San José, and I was expecting to have to go out often for meals. When I had my first dinner at the Moon Glow, I was so impressed that I kept going back. The dishes were always made with fresh ingredients, were very interestingly presented and always tasted great. They even went out of their way to provide me with alternatives when the item I'd ordered had run out (I tended to turn up just before their early, 9:30 closing, so it was no surprise that some things had run out).

The service was always friendly and sufficiently attentive. They even delivered food to my room when I had no time to wait in the restaurant -- I guess this is what you call 'room service,' though it seemed to be an another extra service that wasn't actually advertised.

The pricing was also very reasonable. My only disappointment is that the menu is not large and varied enough to keep my interest for more than 3 days.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Grecia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Moon Glow Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Before leaving our friends to spend their last night at the Adventure Inn before flying home early the next morning, we (5 of us) had a most amazing dinner at the Inn's restaurant. 3 of us had ahi, perfectly prepared, artistically presented - quality food of the highest standard. 2 of us loved the "best ever" pommes frites so much, they ordered an extra portion for dessert. Staff and service were outstanding -- and our friends' room was impeccable, charming, luxurious and affordable. We congratulate the hotel on their courteous staff (who speak fluent English), outstanding restaurant, innovative chef and overall Costa Rica ambiance. We will, without hesitation, leave our next friends in the good hands of the Adventure Inn.

1 Thank Irina J