“Christian to the rescue!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Costa Rica Drivers - Private Day Tour

Costa Rica Drivers - Private Day Tour
Ranked #2 of 91 Tours in San Jose
More attraction details
Owner description: Best transportation service door-to-door between most major destinations, day tours, airport-hotel transfers and multi day trips. Our friendly bilingual drivers will make your Costa Rica trip safe and simply the best. Families with kids, couples, small groups & students groups.
Wisconsin
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Christian to the rescue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

About 3 weeks before we vacationed in Costa Rica, I started to panic when I noted the comments on Trip Advisor about driving yourself in CR. We only had ten days and we wanted to make the most of them. Part of the housing was set, but the excursions were not. When I started investigating about hiring a driver, Christian's name came up over and over again. I emailed him with my thoughts about an itinerary and away we went. After several emails and one phone call via Skype, our plans were set. Karaly picked us up at the airport and took us to Jaco. Two days later he picked us up for Manuel Antonio. Our last three days at Arenal Volcano area and on to San Jose were busy, but I felt very worth our while. Christian suggested a couple of hotels in San Jose which helped me with our last night's stay. All in all we were very satisfied with our service and the driver. Thank for your quick response and trouble free vacation. I especially appreciated you being on time.

Vancouver, Washington
“They treat you like family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I originally planned on renting a car to get around Costa Rica and then I decided to look into private transportation. I am thrilled I made that choice! The first time I contacted Christian, less than 1 week before our trip, I received a prompt informative reply. We had several destinations and he outlined the trip details and told me the cost up front which was payable at the end of the entire trip.

There were three of us, one being disable, it was important to me that they were prompt, patient, safe and fun to be around. Karlay, our driver for all legs of the journey except one was awesome! He and I talked about all things Costa Rica and then some. I really enjoyed his company and highly recommend him. What a great guy!

Our trip went something like this:

We started our adventure in Escazu at Ringle Resort and DentaVac. This was the first six days of our trip.

We then went from Ringle Resort to Arenal Springs Hotel near La Fortuna. The drive was enjoyable, unfortunately one of us is susceptible to being carsick and the curvy roads proved to be too much in the stomach containment department... Karlay was very patient, he pulled over at the first possible stop to accommodate the situation. We took a short break after he offered us all some crackers and we were off.

Just prior to leaving Escazu we recieved news that one of the dental patients would have to return for additional dental work so at the last minute I requested that Christian send someone to Arenal Springs to take them back in addition to the previously arranged Jeep-Boat-Jeep trip to get us to Monte Verde. He made it happen with no problems whatsoever, in fact, there was an issue with our reservation at Ringle Resort and Christian spent a lot of time helping us try to find a new Escazu hotel for the night. They made it back to Escazu and the remaining two ventured to Monte Verde.

The Jeep-Boat-Jeep portion of the transportation was arranged by Christian but carried out by Aventuras del Lago, one of several companies that provide the transportation to the hard-to-get-to location of Monte Verde and the Monte Verde Lodge and Gardens Hotel. I can't recommend Aventuras del Lago as the journey was supposed to take about 3 1/2 hours and ended up taking more than 5. We did arrive safely however and that is my only complaint of the trip so all in all, not too bad.

A couple days later Karlay picked us up from Monte Verde Lodge and Gardens and drove us to Hotel Bosque del Mar in Play Hermosa. He made sure to stop at a popular spot where you can view wild parrots along with some caged tucans. That was nice. I appreciate how Karlay kept us informed about where we were, was always fun to talk to and always in a good mood.

A couple of days later Karlay came back to Playa Hermosa to drive us back to Ringle Resort for our last night in Costa Rica. It was another great drive. You should realize that when making these drives, Karlay had to get up early in the morning, for instance the Playa Hermosa-Escazu drive was about 5 hours. He left the San Jose area at about 6:30AM to arrive at Playa Hermosa at 11:30 and then immediately turned around and made the drive again with us. All the while, cheerful, courteous and safe.

The cost of this entire venture was less than if we had rented a car. In turn I received private, safe transportation with the ability to stop whenever needed as well as someone that lived in Costa Rica and was willing to share their knowledge with me. I also feel like I made a new friend in Karlay. If I am fortunate enough to make it back there someday, I will certainly look Karlay up.

Thank you Karlay and thank you Christian for a job well done. You guys went above and beyond to make our journeys safe, easy and enjoyable.

¡Pura Vida!

Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Our one week in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Christian provided us Excellent service. He was very prompt in responding by email. He kept us
well informed. He was always on time. He was very helpful. He is an excellent guide. We think we made the right choice of getting his service. We recommend him strongly. We visited San Jose,
Irazo, Lankaster, Paos, Sarchi, Arenal, Monteverde & Manuel Antonio with him. He also arranged
Mirador Ram Luna Show for us.

Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Excellent Day !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We read the tripadvisor reviews of this company before coming to Costa Rica. We knew that we have only one full day for seeing something nice around San Jose and we sent an email to the company.

Christian, the owner of the company, responded to us right away and we agreed to be picked up on the selected date at 9am. Christian also suggested the best path for us to follow in accordance with our preferences. Christian was our guide.

We ended up going to the Poas Volcano and La Paz national park. Both were excellent places for seeing the local natural beauties, the sleeping volcano, the exotic forests, local species and learn about Costa Rica.

Christian is the most responsible, responsive, knowledgeable, kind and accommodating person. He was very personal while being very professional. His passion for Costa Rica and deep knowledge of his country on all levels was just admirable.

The car was perfect for the two of us (it could also fit a group), we had books, water and snacks in the car provided. Christian stopped on the way at a coffee plantation, at a zip line and at a lovely lunch place. We enjoyed his explanations and stories at every step of our way. We were back to the hotel at 7ish.

Christian is fluent in both English and Spanish and it has been an absolute pleasure spending a full day of knowledge and fun with him.

It is safe, affordable and very lovely to spend time with Costa Rica Drivers! Highly recommended!

2 Thank opuntus
Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We engaged Christian and his team of excellent guides and drivers prior to arriving in Costa Rica and requested both basic transportation service--to and from the airport to hotels--and tours in specific locations. Christian's team--Memo, Alex, Julio--were absolutely fabulous. They are passionate about Costa Rica and full of useful details about specific sites. Fluent in English as well as Spanish, working with Christian's team is an excellent alternative to car rental, especially if you're unfamiliar with Costa Rican roads and routes and not interested in dealing with the stress of navigating over long distances. This was a great value for my family and we had Christian transport us from Guanacaste into the mountains south of San Jose and down to Osa. On our last trip leg, my husband left his glasses in Julio's car. Julio and Christian committed to getting those to us in Osa within 24 hours which was amazing. We whole heartedly recommend working with Christian for touring and generally getting around Costa Rica.

Visited December 2013