Doing a lot of traveling, we wanted this anniversary trip to be low stress and full of adventure. That... was exactly what we got! Priscilla worked with me to coordinate an 8 day trip, experiencing East cost rain forests, central cloud forest and volcano activities, and ending on the Pacific coast relaxing on the beach and exploring the small towns. It could not have been a better vacation. CRE/Priscilla also added in a special package to our first night in Tortuga Lodge making it super unique, fun, and all the other couples jealous. ;) There is something pretty awesome about the attention we got throughout our trip and the feedback that even our drivers had delighted in the fact that they were working with CRE.
- Tortuga Lodge - So much good to say about this place and the employees. Drinks getting off the boat, cold towels at dinner, great attentiveness and food. Super location, and beautiful area.
- Historic tour/Turtle tour at Tortuga were fun. We had rain, of course, but the group is readily prepared. We got to see a lot and then drive back in a rainstorm which ended in a nice cool evening cruising the rest of the river.
- Arenal Volcano area - Kioro - Absolutely stunning. There is nothing like waking up in bed, looking out the full windows past your feet at the cloud covered volcano. There are so many activities in that area, and we loved just about everything with them.
- Cloud forest, Nectandra, is a really great place for those that like enveloping yourself in the environment. It felt soooo much like walking in to jurassic park. Even the meal, and information we gained, was amazing.
- Hanging bridges bird watching - Of course it rained a bit, but we saw some cool birds, monkeys, and I got some great environment pics!
- Mountain bikes, well, that was the one tour I would not do again. It was fun, but whew it was hard. :)
- Ecotermales - It was beautiful, peaceful, and a really great way to relax.
- Sky Zipline - OMG how awesome that was! GoPro mounts, so I got some great videos of that trip. So fast and so high... and because of CRE we got an extra harness. Once again the other tour people were jealous!
- Transportation everywhere was almost like a personal tour. Private 4 seater plane, in the bus rides it was just my wife and I, and on the tours sometimes we were the only ones there. It was like a private adventure!!
- Tamarindo, Capitan Suizo, was a great way to end the trip. Very relaxing, wandering around by ourselves, sitting on the beach with a fresh coconut cut open, and walking through town daily.
I cannot give CRE and Priscilla enough praise for this trip. We always felt very safe, had great guides and drivers, and it was almost like a private honeymoon again. Thank you so much!!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.