See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2014

I absolutely loved the Costa Rica Love Hostel, it was amazing to stay there. They have a van that they take everyone out in on the many trips they have available. They have a cheap shuttle to and from the airport and go out of their way to help you with anything you can desire!
The two owners felt like my parents. There is only one place i will ever stay in San Jose!
Thank you!

Room tip: Whether its dorms or private rooms, they have all of them!
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
costaricalove2, Gerente at Costa Rica Love Apartments & rooms, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2014

hello big brother !!

that was a big and nice family now ...exelent people, send a hug to mamasotas and locos brothers jjijij ;)

Reviewed September 27, 2014

they picked us up from airport at cheap price..to san jose city was easy to get with local bus which u pay less than a dollar...the hostel welcomed us i felt like at home took tours with them which was fantastic and we coming back to take one more tour...as he shows nature so beautifuly..thank you all...

Date of stay: September 2014

hey vaida!!!

thanks for your time and the review, really nice girls from letuania, we really enjoy the times with you ... hard to say bye bye today for us but see you soon!!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

I went back three times during my trip through central america in 2013. The owners are amazing people and super helpful with everything. Compared with other hostels the price is very fair as well with breakfast included. It is a quiet and safe neighborhood and a good bus connection to get to san josé city center.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

hello!! thanks for the review!! the hostel is special when we have special people like you !!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The love hostel was an awesome place for my team and I to stay for a couple nights. The owners were very polite and helpful with anything that we needed throughout our stay. It was a nice change from the busy hostels we have stayed at in the past. They had a pancake breakfast, nice beds, a relaxing garden area for quiet time, and a small kitchen so you could save some money by not eating out. The only down side was the location from town because taxis are so expensive, but thankfully the hostel has a shuttle service for a cheaper price. They drove us to the mall, around the local area, to and from the bus station, and even to the other side of San Jose. Very relaxing, safe, and comfortable atmosphere. All in all it was a nice stay, especially for the price. It was perfect for my group of 8. Love Hostel Costa Rica! Check em out!!!!

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
costaricalove2, Gerente at Costa Rica Love Apartments & rooms, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Hello friends! pura vida!!

verry nice group, bless up to all of you!

thanks for the review!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

I like this hostel so much I came back on my way north. The location works out well with bus service into San Jose. I was able to arrange for pickup from the bus terminal when I got in from Panama. Lovely people.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

we had nice time with you thanks for the review