“Nice clean modern hotel & restaurant San Jose”

Park Inn by Radisson San Jose
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We recently stayed at this lovely clean modern year old hotel while on business.
The staff were very friendly&accommodating.
I liked the security feature(a card let us up to our floor on level 12 where we had a great view of the city.
The room was spacious and clean .lovely hot shower but be careful to put a small towel on the floor as it is slippery when wet.
We really enjoyed our short stay&will definately use it again.
Price was right too. Doreen from lake Arenal condos lake arenal

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Doreen M
Gerencia G, Gerente at Park Inn by Radisson San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for your review.
We are grad that you had a plesent stay with us and we look foward to welcome you again.
Best Regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed a total of 3 nights on two seperate occassions. Although just outside the centre of town the hotel is in a nice location. The hotel is fairly new and is very claean and tidy.

The rooms are spacious and any room above the 3rd floor is higher enough to avoid the traffic noise.
The menu is fairly plain but very well prepared if not a little on the expensive side.

Dont epect too much from San Jose but if you are looking for a stopping point for the airport it is ideal and only 30 minutes away.

Room Tip: Above the 3rd floor is best. There is a bar on the 3rd floor that sometimes plays loud musice and s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BGJ_1
Gerencia G, Gerente at Park Inn by Radisson San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
We are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and spacious rooms.
We look foward to welcome you again.
Pura Vida! Best Regards.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

By far the absolute worst hotel I've stayed at in Costa Rica. Poor EVERYTHING, including customer service. No lights on in the hallways, no hot water, had to keep complaining and have workers come in and out of my room. As a woman traveling alone, this is a very scary place. I took pictures of the workman and 2 men in suits standing in my room as I was standing there in a robe awaiting hot water. Andres (supervisor) ran the guys out as fast as he could, like little school girls. I demanded that Norman Monge the manager call me, however, they told me he wasn't in and said they would have him call me and then Maria (the so called Operations Manager) called me and said he wouldn't be calling me and that he wouldn't be in until tomorrow afternoon (very convenient since I am only staying one night and they know it) This hotel is way overpriced for what you get, I highly recommend any other hotel, as this hotel has horrible customer service and they really don't seem to care. Andres then started yelling at me in the hallway and telling me that I couldn't photograph them without their permission, I told him to call the police...this was THEIR problem. This just goes to show you how this hotel treats its customers. This place gives Radisson a bad name. This experience was so bad I am contacting Carlson group who owns Park Inns by Radisson and filing a formal complaint. I WILL post the photos when I return home to Atlanta

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Christian248
Gerencia G, Gerente at Park Inn by Radisson San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

We are sorry you had a bad experience at the hotel. We will appriciate if you can contact our general manager directly, Mr. Norman Monge, Phone (506) 2257-1011; norman.monge@parkinncostarica.com. He would like to attend your comment personally.
Best Regards

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed here twice within a couple of weeks to enable us to hook up to the airport which is only 20 mins away by taxi.
The hotel is within 10-15 minutes walk of the town centre but there is not much in the immediate vicinity.
We found it of a high standard all round and could not really fault it.
Whilst all the staff were fine one in particular,Daniel who worked in the resturant area is worthy of special mention. He was very articulate,engaging and a very good representative of the hotel .
The restaurant was reasonably priced with a casual menu that did not make you particularly want or need to go out to eat.
Rooms were spacious with a high spec and free wi fi.
I would recommend this for anyone looking for a short stay in town as long as you don't mind it being out of the centre of town.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gerencia G, Gerente at Park Inn by Radisson San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to letting us know how was your stay
We are glad to know you enjoy our facilities and convenient location.
I will make sure Daniel gets your review

We look forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in November. Got a good deal on a travel website and was so impressed when I got there. I've stayed in several hotels in San Jose and this was by far my favorite. The rooms are just as cool, sleek and modern as they look on the website. The shower was amazing! The pool was actually nicer than it looked in the photos on the website. Breakfast was included as well and it was always super yummy and different every day. It's a two block walk to the main road. But the location felt safe and it's within walking distance of the market, museums, etc.

Will stay there again for sure next time I'm in CR!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Mieko V

Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed, and we look foward to welcome you again at the Park Inn.
Best regards! Pura Vida!

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We ended up at the Park Inn after a medical emergency and the guys at the front desk could not have been more helpful. From the time we came through the door they took care of getting us into a very nice room. The bed was very comfortable and we were able to extend our stay as needed. Breakfast was good and the dining room staff was very friendly and multi-lingual. A well run operation in walking distance to downtown.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our Hotel.
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and more than pleased to know how much you appreciate our team efforts and service.
Best Regards

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The hotel is modern and new - very clean and contemporary look and feel. The rooms are spacious and have nice territorial views of the city and the mountains and are plenty comfortable in terms of the beds.

The hotel is a quick 15 min or so away from the main downtown activities in San Jose, but didn't seem like the best of places to be after dark (inside the hotel was totally fine and it was totally safe during the day).

We ended up eating dinner at the hotel restaurant which was actually pretty good (if not a little pricey). The breakfast buffet was also quite good.

The hotel does have a workout room and it was a little interesting (a bit of a disco theme) though it did have ample equipment for a quick on the road workout.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple