Park Inn by Radisson San Jose
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$112
$77
$89
$76
$77
$104
$90
Hotel Aranjuez(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$46
$95
$78
HolidayInn.com
1,492 results
All reviewsmodern hotelcosta ricapaseo colonconvenience storeclose to downtownminute walkthree blocksexcellent staybusiness hotelbreakfast buffetroom was spaciouscouple of nightscoffee makerfew blockspollolast nighthotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Everyone was very nice smiley and helpful. Rooms we're clean and we'll appointed. With so many Americans they should have more American TV stations. Front desk was helpful and ordered taxi for me when ever I needed transportation. The snacks by front desk a ripp off and way over priced

Room Tip: All suites are nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Gerencia G, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thanks GaryS

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we are thrilled about all the good reviews we are getting! , we are definitely taking in count your recommendations about more American channels and the prices of the store.

Eduardo.carrasco@parkinncostarica.com

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed there for 6 nights & found it to be very clean, comfortable & well planned. The bathroom was truly zen-like, but unfortunately, that soft lighting didn't do anything for those of us who need to apply make-up! Our ONLY complaint was with the awful waitress in the RBG restaurant, where we ate nearly every night. I have never had such a completely dismissive & unavailable waitress! And from the other reviews I've read, we are not the only ones that feel this way. Too bad, because otherwise I'd rate this property a 5 star. The other staff were very attentive to our needs.

Room Tip: Our upper floor room had a FABULOUS view of the city & mountains. Gorgeous.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for the review!

We are glad to read that you enjoy your stay of 1 week at the hotel!
I will check with the food and beverage manager the attitude problem os the waitres, we are alway looking ways to improve, thank you very much for let us know it

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Taking into account the service, comfort, and decor, this was the best hotel stay my husband and I have ever had.

We ate at the RBG. The food was not fancy. It was good value and well-prepared.

Very helpful front desk, Fernando, we think was his name, was particularly helpful.

Short walk to the downtown, including pedestrian-only streets. We walked about 10 minutes to the bus station to take the public bus to the airport.

Little things we appreciated:

- Fine control over the air system
- Specialty teas in the room

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerencia G, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thanks for the review!

We are glad to read that you liked Park Inn by Radisson San Jose!
Park inn by Radisson San Jose is looking forward to improve our service, thanks for let us know that the food was not wonderfull, I will send the information to our chef to work to improve this area.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I would like to extend a special "Thank You" to Eduardo (front desk), Arturo (front desk), Vanessa (housekeeping) and Jose (Restaurant). Each of them went above and beyond to answer questions, cater to our needs and ensure our stay was excellent.

My other half and I stayed here for 7 nights. As a Carlson Club Gold member, I was upgraded to a suite upon check in (early check-in to be more specific). I was very pleased with the room...separate living area, spacious, gorgeous bathroom. The room looked exactly like the website. It included a mini-fridge and coffee-maker. We were able to purchase bottled water and other drinks from a convenience store on Paseo Colon. The hotel is new and very clean. When our room was serviced by Vanessa (housekeeping), she made sure our stuff was extra tidy and created an animal figure with the towels.

Customer Service:
Excellent! The staff is very friendly and goes above and beyond to meet the needs of the guests. Eduardo (front desk) always greeted me by name.

Location:
The location is off the beaten path and could be considered remote by some. The surrounding area is “urban.” No problem for us, but it depends on what you are used to. Downtown is about a 20 minute walk. The nearest fast food restaurants (on Paseo Colon) are about a 5-7 minute walk, however, the restaurants deliver to the hotel. We ordered from Pizza Hut, but also had the option to order from fast food chains such as Wendi’s, KFC, etc. We do not speak Spanish, so Arturo (front desk), placed the order for us. I wasn’t aware of any fine dining restaurants in the immediate area.

RBG Grill:
There is a decent selection of food (nothing spectacular). We dined here several times and utilized room service. The breakfast buffet is O.K. , however, the Chef is more than accommodating. There is no omelet bar, but upon my request the chef willingly prepared an omelet to my specifications. Jose was our waiter on several evenings. He was very personable and receptive to any of our questions. Good luck in your advanced English class!

Pool/Gym:
The pool is small and designed for a “quick dip.” Don’t expect hours of relaxing pool side. We utilized the 24 hour gym…nothing fancy, but adequate.

Internet:
We never had a problem connecting in the room or anywhere else in the hotel. The connection speed was great.

Concierge:
The concierge on duty worked for Gray Line Tours. You are able to book tours with Gray Line and purchase your airport departure tax voucher through them (as opposed to waiting in line at the airport). The focus seemed to be on Gray Line’s offerings. I asked the front desk for general info on taxis and the surrounding area.

Airport Transfers:
This was arranged through the hotel for $35 USD (one-way). Pick up at the airport was very efficient. Someone was waiting for us with a sign with our name on it upon arrival. We were than whisked into a taxi van and driven about 30 minutes to the hotel.

Note:
There was no bellman. I am not sure if this is in line with the hotel’s business model. I have stayed at other Park Inns and some have a bellman while others don’t.

If you are looking for a new, clean property with excellent customer service, Park Inn San Jose is recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kim L
Gerencia G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Park Inn by Radisson San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thanks!

We really enjoy to read your review, we really appreciate that you take the time to write it, I just read it to all the people that you wrote about, and they are really happy because their job was appreciated.

You know that every time you need to stay in San Jose, Park inn San Jose is your home away from home.

eduardo.carrasco@arkinncostarica.com

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The building is brand new, the staff is helpful and they always have a smile on their face, great food and room service.
Ideally located on the down town area was the perfect pick for me before continuing my CR adventure!
The manager is always around making sure everyone needs are fulfill!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Gerencia G, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thanks for the review!

We are proud to be one of San Jose favorite hotels, our guests are always looking to come back, maybe because what you said about the service, or our comfortable and spacious rooms, or the delicious food, or maybe just the combination of all those facts.

We keep working to give a better service and more facilities for our guests, so every time you come back, you will see something new to improve your stay at Park inn by Radisson San Jose