“Fantastic family vacation!!”

Top Travel Costa Rica
More attraction details
Owner description: Top Travel Costa Rica is your best option to get your dream vacation organized by travel experts at Costa Rica. You won’t find a better background than a company that was founded in 1989 (with more than 25 years of experience), licensed by the Costa Rican Tourism Board (ICT) and with 5 leaf’s level, the best possible level in the Certificate in Sustainable Tourism. At Top Travel Costa Rica, our country is our passion and we want to share our passion with the rest of the world giving the best possible service and exceeding our client’s expectations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We just got back from a wonderful visit to Costa Rica that was completely arranged by Valle Dorado Tours, from hotels to transportation to day trips. We enjoyed every aspect of the tour Valle Dorado arranged for us. I was initially a bit wary about trying to arrange a trip with a travel agency completely by internet and email, but our communication with our agent Illiam was clear, quick, and simple. Illiam heard my preferences for a vacation that mixed adventure with two teen boys with ample relaxation time on the beach for mom, and accommodated them. All our connections and hotel accommodations were very nice. We especially enjoyed our stay at the Mountain Paradise Hotel in Arenal.

Of particular note, we want to give special kudos to our driver, Marvin, for being such a sweet and thoughtful guide on those long drives. He was always on time (or early!) and greeted us warmly, as if we were old friends. He drove quickly, but very safely, and we felt very secure in his care.

We also want to commend the Desafio Company adventure tours, that Valle Dorado arranged for us, for white water rafting, cayoneering, and zip lining. Every one of these tours was safe, exciting, great fun, and the guides were FANTASTIC.

Finally, I need to mention that my 13 y/o son lost my iPod Nano somewhere along the way. I emailed Illiam at Valle Dorado before we left the country and he immediately set out a search for it, and emailed me back within a day to say they had secured my iPod (that had been left in Marvin’s van!!) I thought for sure that treasured item with all my playlists was lost for good. We were very impressed with Valle Dorado's diligence and the honesty of it's staff to return it to us.

The Valle Dorado agency came recommended to us by two other families that we know, and we will certainly recommend it to others. They gave us a family vacation that we will always remember with great joy!

valledoradotours, Propietario at Top Travel Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thanks for your comments. It was a pleasure to hep you with your tour arrangements.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The tours themselves were great!! However Valled Dorado could have provided us with some tips before the tours. Such as telling us to bring a change of clothes, or that lunch is not until 2:00pm so bring snacks or bring extra money because we'll be stopping at souvenir shops, etc. However the zip lining and canopy tour was great. The volcano/hotspring tour was good except we didn't know the ride to get there was 2.5hours (from our hotel in San Jose)!!!! That would have been a nice tip! But overall the tours were good. You don't get as close to the volcano as you think you're going to get but the hotsprings are nice!

valledoradotours, Propietario at Top Travel Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your opinion is very important to us in order to improve.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We took a group of 240 teenagers to Costa Rica and had an absolutely fantastic time. Jorge and Irene are superb, they are so helpful and organized and their team were wonderful to work with. I would recommend whole heartedly choosing them if you are planning a similar experience.

valledoradotours, Propietario at Top Travel Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thanks! Hope to have you back in Costa Rica.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our experience with Valle Dorado was exceptional.

We work hard and want to travel well but are not experienced international travelers. I had spent HOURS on the internet trying to research and plan our first trip to Costa Rica. I had almost given up and bagged the whole thing because it is difficult to determine whether to drive or get a driver, how much ground to cover in how many days, what to see, what to skip, etc.

At the 11th hour, a friend of mine recommended that I contact Jorge at Valle Dorado. THANK GOD! It took one email to know I had found the key to completing my travel plans and to guarantee a safe, low-stress, adventurous and complete 10-day trip to Costa Rica.

Here are the main reasons to use Valle Dorado:

*Marvin Marvin Marvin - our travel companion for much of our trip. We NEVER travel with guides and were a little unsure about it. I can't imagine this trip without Marvin. Friendly and accommodating conversationalist, excellent naturalist (we spotted over 40 species of birds in our first 24 hours- without Marvin we would have missed many, or just never known what they were. He found a toucan by sound and was as excited as we were with each sighting. We fell in love with Marvin as he embodies everything that is wonderful about this magnificent country. I invited him to come stay with us in the U.S. if he ever wants to (although it would be a huge disappointment after spending your life in Costa Rica) and I promise, you will too.

*YES, you want a driver. This is worth every penny. You will be able to enjoy the drives through beautiful country and not fight with your spouse over directions.

*YES, you want a tour guide. We would have missed 70% of the sightings of animals and birds without a guide. We did some tours as a group but preferred the private tours. It is slightly more expensive but a more efficient use of time (it is faster for 2 people to look thru a telescope than 10)

*YES, they know the places to stay. I only chose one of the places we stayed out of 4. I asked for Eco or sustainable lodges where possible. There recommendations were outstanding. See my reviews for: La Finca Luna Nueva, Gaia Resort and Spa, Casa Corcovado and El Silencion Lodge.

After 10 days in Costa Rica, we had truly embraced what Pura Vida means (not to mention making huge strides in our Espanol!) and spent the flight home talking about how soon we could get back. Working with Valle Dorado has spoiled me and was absolutely key to the experience we had. My only wish - that they had a dozen more offices in other countries so I could use them for every trip from now on.
Stop reading the internet. Call Jorge and forget the rest.

valledoradotours, Propietario at Top Travel Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

It was a pleasure to help you with your tour. Hope to have you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have just completed a photographic expedition through Costa Rica, guided by Valle Dorado.

I explained my goals, letting them structure my itinerary, with the exception of San Gerardo de Dota, which was without exception my preferred place even before starting my trip.

The tour included Arenal, Monte Verde, Carara, and finally San Gerardo.

The provided guide, Marvin Espinosa, was wonderful, very kind, he knew every place, plant and animal to be observed. The vehicle was adequate and in very good condition.
Valle Dorado took care of everything, hotels, guided tour tickets to parks and reserves... all was taken into consideration.

My only minor complaints are toward PayPal and maybe a couple of small things in the included tours, but nothing would make me change Valle Dorado as my expedition planners in Costa Rica.

I definitely would recommend Valle Dorado to my friends.

Guillermo Armenteros

2  Thank Guillermo A
valledoradotours, Propietario at Top Travel Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thanks for your kind comments. It will be a pleasure for us to have you back in our country.