“Amazing Culturally” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Top Travel

Top Travel
More attraction details
Owner description: Top Travel Costa Rica is your best option to get your dream vacation organized by travel experts at Costa Rica. You won’t find a better background than a company that was founded in 1989 (with more than 25 years of experience), licensed by the Costa Rican Tourism Board (ICT) and with 5 leaf’s level, the best possible level in the Certificate in Sustainable Tourism. At Top Travel Costa Rica, our country is our passion and we want to share our passion with the rest of the world giving the best possible service and exceeding our client’s expectations
Fairfield, New Jersey, United States
“Amazing Culturally”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We took a group of 240 teenagers to Costa Rica and had an absolutely fantastic time. Jorge and Irene are superb, they are so helpful and organized and their team were wonderful to work with. I would recommend whole heartedly choosing them if you are planning a similar experience.

Visited July 2013
valledoradotours, Propietario at Top Travel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thanks! Hope to have you back in Costa Rica.

New Orleans, Louisiana
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“YES - you need Valle Dorado! Should get 10 stars.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our experience with Valle Dorado was exceptional.

We work hard and want to travel well but are not experienced international travelers. I had spent HOURS on the internet trying to research and plan our first trip to Costa Rica. I had almost given up and bagged the whole thing because it is difficult to determine whether to drive or get a driver, how much ground to cover in how many days, what to see, what to skip, etc.

At the 11th hour, a friend of mine recommended that I contact Jorge at Valle Dorado. THANK GOD! It took one email to know I had found the key to completing my travel plans and to guarantee a safe, low-stress, adventurous and complete 10-day trip to Costa Rica.

Here are the main reasons to use Valle Dorado:

*Marvin Marvin Marvin - our travel companion for much of our trip. We NEVER travel with guides and were a little unsure about it. I can't imagine this trip without Marvin. Friendly and accommodating conversationalist, excellent naturalist (we spotted over 40 species of birds in our first 24 hours- without Marvin we would have missed many, or just never known what they were. He found a toucan by sound and was as excited as we were with each sighting. We fell in love with Marvin as he embodies everything that is wonderful about this magnificent country. I invited him to come stay with us in the U.S. if he ever wants to (although it would be a huge disappointment after spending your life in Costa Rica) and I promise, you will too.

*YES, you want a driver. This is worth every penny. You will be able to enjoy the drives through beautiful country and not fight with your spouse over directions.

*YES, you want a tour guide. We would have missed 70% of the sightings of animals and birds without a guide. We did some tours as a group but preferred the private tours. It is slightly more expensive but a more efficient use of time (it is faster for 2 people to look thru a telescope than 10)

*YES, they know the places to stay. I only chose one of the places we stayed out of 4. I asked for Eco or sustainable lodges where possible. There recommendations were outstanding. See my reviews for: La Finca Luna Nueva, Gaia Resort and Spa, Casa Corcovado and El Silencion Lodge.

After 10 days in Costa Rica, we had truly embraced what Pura Vida means (not to mention making huge strides in our Espanol!) and spent the flight home talking about how soon we could get back. Working with Valle Dorado has spoiled me and was absolutely key to the experience we had. My only wish - that they had a dozen more offices in other countries so I could use them for every trip from now on.
Stop reading the internet. Call Jorge and forget the rest.

Visited March 2013
valledoradotours, Propietario at Top Travel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
It was a pleasure to help you with your tour. Hope to have you back again in the future.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Costa Rica, a photographic destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have just completed a photographic expedition through Costa Rica, guided by Valle Dorado.

I explained my goals, letting them structure my itinerary, with the exception of San Gerardo de Dota, which was without exception my preferred place even before starting my trip.

The tour included Arenal, Monte Verde, Carara, and finally San Gerardo.

The provided guide, Marvin Espinosa, was wonderful, very kind, he knew every place, plant and animal to be observed. The vehicle was adequate and in very good condition.
Valle Dorado took care of everything, hotels, guided tour tickets to parks and reserves... all was taken into consideration.

My only minor complaints are toward PayPal and maybe a couple of small things in the included tours, but nothing would make me change Valle Dorado as my expedition planners in Costa Rica.

I definitely would recommend Valle Dorado to my friends.

Guillermo Armenteros

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Guillermo A
valledoradotours, Propietario at Top Travel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments. It will be a pleasure for us to have you back in our country.
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great rafting tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I called Valle Dorado to see if they could give me advice on what to do on my day off. I had no idea there were so many options! After a hard time deciding I chose to go with the white water rafting on the Pacuare River. Once I had made my decision Valle Dorado did the rest, all I had to do was wake up on time.
The tour was amazing, thank you!

Visited July 2012
valledoradotours, Propietario at Top Travel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
A pleasure to help you, thanks for your comments.
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always exceeding expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have always used and recommended Valle Dorado. This outstanding firm has always exceeded my expectations and that of the people I refer. Their knowledge is "limitless" and the personal touch amazing. Never have I experienced before, something even close to it with anyone else anywhere.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank steffentico
valledoradotours, Propietario at Top Travel, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thanks for your kind comments.