“I loved their food, sadly they closed”
Review of Mekong - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mekong
Dining options: Waitstaff
Dining options: Waitstaff
San Jose, Costa Rica
“I loved their food, sadly they closed”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I loved their old lunch menu, it was simply delicious, one of my favorites was their green mango, salmon salad and their dessert a creme brulee with coffee would have me wanting for more. Sadly today I went by and it is now closed.

• Visited September 2013

San Jose, Costa Rica
“Wish they'd have some of their old appetizers on the new menu”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place is great if you want to share a bottle of wine and some appetizers with family or friends. They have a great outdoor area with fire heaters in case you get cold from the breeze since that area does get quite breezy at nighttime. The only downside is that I am not very fond of their main courses, and they just changed the menu and took some of my favorite appetizers off the menu.

The thing that worries me about this place is that whenever we've been there it doesn't get many customers, which sucks because you do eat well. I don't know what it is (lighting, the corner it is in...etc.) but it is definitely worth trying. Try their wok edamames or their shrimp wontons... You won't go wrong!

• Visited July 2013
Escazu, Costa Rica
“Another that started great, then went bad...”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My first few times visiting this restuarant had me coming back every other day with more colleagues begging for more. Loved the food! However, last 2 times we all left with a little upset stomach. They got rid of their awesome kimchee and seems their ingredients went down a few notches as well. Oddly enough seems to have happened around the same time Divina Comida went down - like they were pressured into lowering their prices by the Avenida Escazu association, and therefore made cuts on their food quality. I don't know, but they both lost me as a customer, and I eat out a constantly!

Visited April 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
“AN ORIENTAL IN DISTRESS”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A taste of the Orient without the flavor. Too many offerings presumably from the Far East that do not add up in taste or value-for-money. Toning down spices supposedly to cater to local palates and trying to cover a wide range of Oriental cuisines is a formula fit for a culinary disaster.
Focus, focus, focus, the old management mantra is my primary recommendation for survival. Do what you do well, price accordingly and do not vary the formulae.

• Visited April 2013
Escazu, Costa Rica
“Alright”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Fusion food, thought we would give it a try,Had spring rolls, not the best but not the worst. Will try again something different.

Visited January 2013