“Wish they'd have some of their old appetizers on the new menu”
Review of Mekong - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mekong
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place is great if you want to share a bottle of wine and some appetizers with family or friends. They have a great outdoor area with fire heaters in case you get cold from the breeze since that area does get quite breezy at nighttime. The only downside is that I am not very fond of their main courses, and they just changed the menu and took some of my favorite appetizers off the menu.

The thing that worries me about this place is that whenever we've been there it doesn't get many customers, which sucks because you do eat well. I don't know what it is (lighting, the corner it is in...etc.) but it is definitely worth trying. Try their wok edamames or their shrimp wontons... You won't go wrong!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My first few times visiting this restuarant had me coming back every other day with more colleagues begging for more. Loved the food! However, last 2 times we all left with a little upset stomach. They got rid of their awesome kimchee and seems their ingredients went down a few notches as well. Oddly enough seems to have happened around the same time Divina Comida went down - like they were pressured into lowering their prices by the Avenida Escazu association, and therefore made cuts on their food quality. I don't know, but they both lost me as a customer, and I eat out a constantly!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

A taste of the Orient without the flavor. Too many offerings presumably from the Far East that do not add up in taste or value-for-money. Toning down spices supposedly to cater to local palates and trying to cover a wide range of Oriental cuisines is a formula fit for a culinary disaster.
Focus, focus, focus, the old management mantra is my primary recommendation for survival. Do what you do well, price accordingly and do not vary the formulae.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Fusion food, thought we would give it a try,Had spring rolls, not the best but not the worst. Will try again something different.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Mekong is in Avenida Escazu across from the very upscal e shopping center and Imax. We stopped there on the way to the movies a couple times. It is an Asian Fusion restaurant. WE sat outside which was very nice and although it was cool and windy a protective canopy and outdoor heaters kept us warm. It is modern and had interesting offerings. Mekong is owned by the same person who owns the popular restaurant Saga right up the street. I had nice Thai food and my friend had the same thing twice in a row because she loved it so much. The owner came out with an appetizer sampling but the waitress told him I had ordered the same thing for dinner and he said he would bring us something different but he forgot. It happens. A good restaurant just not my favorite.