I have been staying here for 20 years, The first time it was 1993, it was 6$ a night. While the price has gone up its still a good value. Centrally located, you have access to everything. The breakfast is ok, but it does the job. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The last time iwas ther I got in late, did not have a reservation, and they had no rooms. They stored my luggage for me thank God, as I just assumed they had room and was left there. I then had to walk and find another hotel that was not full, but ghetto fabulous, yukkk, I will not be reviewing that one. When I came back the next day to get mt luggage and catch my transfer to Puerto Viejo. I was shocked when they said it was free, no problem, and they were apologetic they did not have a room. I really love the staff at this place!! Rooms are clean, stuff is safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1920, first Bed and Breakfast of the capital of Costa Rica, San Jose, it was once home and art gallery to a bevy of local and expatriate artists, including Otto Apuy, Diedre Hyde, and Guillermo Conte, as well as other poets, writers and filmmakers, a place where artists and authors gathered together in its past time. With its handcrafted classic wood frame structure of the entrance and the interior design like colonial style mosaic tile floor of early 19th century, you can see the traces of Costa Rican history and art trough the building. The hotel is located at downtown San Jose,a nice and safe neighborhood, surrounded by great variety of fine restaurants, main bus stations, grocery stores, 3-5 minutes walking distance. We are recommened by mayor travel guides, Lonely Planet,Frommers, Fordor, Moon Book, Let's go. If you are looking for budget and comfort stay, we are your great choice in downtown San Jose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Pension de la Cuesta B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension De La Cuesta Bed And Breakfast
- Pension De La Cuesta Hotel San Jose
- Pension De La Cuesta B&B Costa Rica/San Jose