This place is friendly and has good security. The bed was firm and the t.v. in my room even had American CNN. The shower had hot water, don't be confused about the bizarre instructions in the sign in the bathroom that says "apply less pressure for hot water" -- it was a hot shower. The staff was super friendly, the location is good, and for staying in downtown which does feel a bit sketchy, this is a relatively safe area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1920, first Bed and Breakfast of the capital of Costa Rica, San Jose, it was once home and art gallery to a bevy of local and expatriate artists, including Otto Apuy, Diedre Hyde, and Guillermo Conte, as well as other poets, writers and filmmakers, a place where artists and authors gathered together in its past time. With its handcrafted classic wood frame structure of the entrance and the interior design like colonial style mosaic tile floor of early 19th century, you can see the traces of Costa Rican history and art trough the building. The hotel is located at downtown San Jose,a nice and safe neighborhood, surrounded by great variety of fine restaurants, main bus stations, grocery stores, 3-5 minutes walking distance. We are recommened by mayor travel guides, Lonely Planet,Frommers, Fordor, Moon Book, Let's go. If you are looking for budget and comfort stay, we are your great choice in downtown San Jose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pension de la Cuesta B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pension De La Cuesta Bed And Breakfast
- Pension De La Cuesta Hotel San Jose
- Pension De La Cuesta B&B Costa Rica/San Jose