Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
1,247 results
All reviews small kitchen quiet location a great place to stay stayed here for one night sauna sabana dentist country neighborhood sjo
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2017

This was one of many hotels that was provided him a list for me and after searching on Google earth and seeing the quaint little pool area I decided to investigate more. I took a chance and I was more than pleasantly surprised. The staff the accommodations were all fantastic I look forward to coming back

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SofiaHon, Gerente at La Sabana Hotel Suites Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Thank you for your review! So happy to hear you chose us among all the hotels in your referral list!!! And even happier to know you were glad to make the choice! We look forward to serving you again and making Apartotel La Sabana your home in San José. Thank you for writing, best regards!

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this quaint suite hotel for 4 nights as I was in for dental work. My dentist was just about 3 blocks away. The location was perfect and felt safe for me. I like to walk so I walked to both dental appointments and even further.
The reception and pool area feel welcoming and relaxing. I often stayed sitting around the pool shady area to enjoy the light and sound of the pool waterfall.
The room was a nice size including a small kitchen area. It was great to have a refrigerator and microwave. I never used the electric stove. Only thing is that hallway talk could easily be heard inside the room. So anyone talking loudly it seemed they were right outside by the door.
Breakfast which was self serve included freshly cooked Costa Rican style rice and beans, vegetables, pancakes and eggs made to order. They also had fresh juices, cereal, breads, cut papaya, pineapple and watermelon. Enjoyed it every morning!!
The pool area and courtyard was very pleasant to sit by but the pool is not heated.
Overall the staff was very friendly and helpful. I noticed continuous cleaning of the public areas and staff that was aware of who was coming and going.
I would recommend staying here!

Trip type: Traveled solo
SofiaHon, Gerente at La Sabana Hotel Suites Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Wow, thank you for you review!!! So happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us!! Many of our guests call us the Oasis in the City, we like to think of ourselves as a safe haven for both body and soul :)... and the best place to soak up this ambiance is definitely our terrace. Enjoy lush green and colorful plants and flowers, or just close your eyes and listen to the trickling sound of the water fountain... just a joy for the senses! (I would add a nice cappuccino from our machine, as the cherry on the pie).

Hope to have the privilege of serving you again. Thank you for writing, best regards!

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Pros:
- Superb service and staff
- A lovely breakfast to start the day
- Clean room
- Centrally located between downtown San Jose and the airport and right next to La Sabana Park (San Jose's version of Central Park)

Cons:
- The room was on the small side

Overall:
I'd gladly stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SofiaHon, Gerente at La Sabana Hotel Suites Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! My mom always says breakfast is the most important meal of the day! We are all food lovers at the Apartotel, so breakfast is always our favorite project :). Hope to have the privilege of serving you again very soon. Best regards!

Reviewed August 19, 2017

I just loved staying here. I was in Costa Rica having some dental work done and this was the perfect place for that. The staff are all warm and friendly and it's nice and quiet. Great smoothies too along with a nice dental friendly menu. They are really good about knowing what special things might be going on not listed in any guide book and since you are only a block or so away from the huge park there are lots of out door options for free things to wander and see and do. You're also within walking distance of the huge soccer stadium if you can happen to catch a game!
Even with all this happening nearby the area is still nice and quiet after dark. I fell in love and will always choose to stay here when I'm in the country from now on.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SofiaHon, Gerente at La Sabana Hotel Suites Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2017

Wow, thank you so much for your review!!! So excited to hear you fully enjoyed the experience of staying with us!!! So glad to hear you got to see some of the activities en La Sabana and surroundings! San José is truly a buzzing city and there is always something interesting and stimulating going on! We have put together our Cultural Corner in the Front Desk Area. We always post cultural events and performances happening in San José, as well as fairs and special markets. Surely something for everyone to enjoy!

Thank you so much for writing, hope to serve you again very soon. Have a great day, best regards!

Reviewed August 18, 2017

The staff at La Sabana was very friendly. The breakfast was good. The pool area was also very nice. Parking was available onsite behind a locked gate. The room was clean, but appeared to be slightly aged. Some updating and renovation may be in order. We stayed at another hotel on our last night in San Jose and although La Sabana is clean and safe, I would choose to stay at the other hotel if I ever return to San Jose.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SofiaHon, Gerente at La Sabana Hotel Suites Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Thank you for your comments! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Service is one of our most important values, but so is the up-keep of our infrastructure. We are constantly innovating and re-decorating. We welcomed 2017 with new kitchens in all our apartments! We will immediately look into the specific room you stayed in and determine if special work needs to be done there. Thank you for your insight, we know we can do better and strive for excelente every day. We take customer reviews very seriously, your feedback is what drives our evolution and continuous improvement. Thank you and best regards!