Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
1,247 results
All reviews small kitchen quiet location a great place to stay stayed here for one night sauna sabana dentist country neighborhood sjo
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2017

Delicious Tico style breakfast included. Lovely pool and poolside area. Beautiful colorful decoration and garden. Comfortable bed. Hot shower. Friendly and helpful staff. Very relaxing place to stay. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Room tip: If you have a ground floor room by the pool it can be quite noisy during pool hours
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SofiaHon, Gerente at La Sabana Hotel Suites Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for your review!! So excited to hear you enjoyed every aspect of the Apartotel La Sabana experience!! We also wish you could´ve stayed longer! Sometimes a couple more days of pampering are needed to show you everything Apartotel and San José have to offer!! Hopefully we will have the honor of doing so very soon! Best regards!

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here several times in the last few weeks. We used San Jose as a base to fly to multiple locations in Costa Rica using the regional airlines. You could stay closer to the airport but we liked being to explore San Jose between hops. Now that Uber is available, it is really easy to get around San Jose and to the airport. Happily, Ubers were nearby even for our 5:00am departures.(Note:Uber from the international airport is a bit of a trick because they have an official taxi service.) So, it is a great base.

We also thought the staff was great. They were friendly and helpful each time we stayed. They tried to make sure we had everything we needed and were willing to go out of their way to help. For example, we lost a bag in a taxi and they were willing to call the company to track down the bag. Alas, it was an unlicensed taxi from the regional airport :-( and there was no way to trace them. (Seriously, Uber or licensed taxis are the way to go in San Jose).

The breakfasts included in the room rate were excellent. The typical fare was noticeably better seasoned than we experienced elsewhere. The salsa de Limon and spicy salsa were also better than average. We looked forward to those breakfasts.

Finally, the small and medium apartments were very comfortable. We didn't cook but we enjoyed the extra space. In was nice to have air conditioning as we didn't in many other locations. It was also wonderful to have self service laundry! We were traveling light and we needed to wash between hops. We thought we would wash in the sink as we traveled but drying in the humid air just didn't work. We didn't have time for a services so, having a washer and dryer available was priceless.

We recommend this hotel

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family

Wow, thank you so much for your review!!! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and it sounds like you also had a wonderful overall adventure during your visit to Costa Rica! We are getting excited just reading about it! The way you planned it is actually the best way to go. It enables you to go to many locations without wasting time on the road and also gives you the opportunity of exploring urban life in San José, which has sooo much to offer! What better place to make your base than Apartotel: Your home away from home :).

Hope you have a wonderful day, thank you for writing! Best regards!

Reviewed August 2, 2017

Spacious apartment within walking distance from centre of San Jose. Rooms are clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is fine; a variety of food. The hotel has a nice swimming pool. Outdoor area is clean and cosy.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Esther P

Thank you so much for writing! So happy to hear you enjoyed our decor and atmosphere! We put much heart and mind to create a beautiful space full of art and color for soul and body to enjoy. Many of our guests call us the Oasis in the City, and we try to live up to the name! Hope we have the chance to serve you again very soon. Thank you for your comments, best regards!

Reviewed July 31, 2017

I have been staying at La Sabana for many years. I am always comfortable there. I enjoy the location near to restaurants and the park is nice to sit in during the day. it is also close to the rest of San Jose. it is very safe and the staff are helpful

Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SofiaHon, Gerente at La Sabana Hotel Suites Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Thank your for your comments!! So happy to know we have become your Home in San José, what an honor!! It is by far the best price we can strive for! Great to hear your enjoy our location. Many guests call us the Oasis in the Middle of the City. Conveniently located, but away from the traffic and noise of downtown: Apartotel La Sabana is a safe and beautiful haven for guests and hummingbirds visiting our lovely grounds!

Hope to be able to serve you for many more years to come! Best regards!

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is nice. Well-kept, nice rooms, beautiful pool area. The staff (behind the counter) however, are not helpful whatsoever. I was traveling alone in another country, and booked this hotel because it showed a free airport shuttle. In the confirmation email, it states the reservation for the shuttle must be booked 48 hours in advance. I asked the staff at the front desk when I checked in if I could still have access to the shuttle, and she said yes. I then asked her what the times were for my 6:30am flight, and she told me 3:50am and 5:15am. So I told her I would need the 3:50am one since I needed to be there 2 hours early. Three am the next morning, I come down to check out and get on the shuttle, and a different employee tells me there was no shuttle booked. I was very unhappy and because extremely stressed out, I did not plan on spending money on a taxi to get to the airport. Forty dollars and an unpleasant 15 minute conversation later, I finally got to the airport. I cannot believe the hotel put me in a situation like this.

Date of stay: July 2017

Thank you for your comments. Please pardon the inconvenience you experienced. We take your opinions very seriously and thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve and evolve. The logistics part of any business requires much attention to detail and the capacity to perform a daily routine task with a fresh and new mind-set. We always strive to keep our work fresh and could assure we achieve this 99% of the time. As humans, it is in our nature to sometimes loose this fresh mindset. This is where logistic mistakes take place. As a team, we need to evolve so that when one of our members need our support, we step in and maintain our service standards.

Rest assured, we are on conscious investigation of what happened and will learn from this experience. Thank you for the opportunity. We hope we can make it up to you in your next visit. I am completely sure we can do better! Best regards!