Lowest prices for your stay
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
Breakfast included
Esther
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Good hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 2, 2017
Spacious apartment within walking distance from centre of San Jose. Rooms are clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is fine; a variety of food. The hotel has a nice swimming pool. Outdoor area is clean and cosy.
Trip type: Traveled with family
Responded Aug 8, 2017
Thank you so much for writing! So happy to hear you enjoyed our decor and atmosphere! We put much heart and mind to create a beautiful space full of art and color for soul and body to enjoy. Many of our guests call us the Oasis in the City, and we try to live up to the name! Hope we have the chance to serve you again very soon. Thank you for your comments, best regards!
$183
  • Priceline
1.8 miles from La Sabana Hotel Suites Apartments
View more hotels in San Jose
1,247 results
All reviews small kitchen quiet location a great place to stay stayed here for one night sauna sabana dentist country neighborhood sjo
Selected filters
Reviewed July 31, 2017

I have been staying at La Sabana for many years. I am always comfortable there. I enjoy the location near to restaurants and the park is nice to sit in during the day. it is also close to the rest of San Jose. it is very safe and the staff are helpful

Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SofiaHon, Gerente at La Sabana Hotel Suites Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Thank your for your comments!! So happy to know we have become your Home in San José, what an honor!! It is by far the best price we can strive for! Great to hear your enjoy our location. Many guests call us the Oasis in the Middle of the City. Conveniently located, but away from the traffic and noise of downtown: Apartotel La Sabana is a safe and beautiful haven for guests and hummingbirds visiting our lovely grounds!

Hope to be able to serve you for many more years to come! Best regards!

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is nice. Well-kept, nice rooms, beautiful pool area. The staff (behind the counter) however, are not helpful whatsoever. I was traveling alone in another country, and booked this hotel because it showed a free airport shuttle. In the confirmation email, it states the reservation for the shuttle must be booked 48 hours in advance. I asked the staff at the front desk when I checked in if I could still have access to the shuttle, and she said yes. I then asked her what the times were for my 6:30am flight, and she told me 3:50am and 5:15am. So I told her I would need the 3:50am one since I needed to be there 2 hours early. Three am the next morning, I come down to check out and get on the shuttle, and a different employee tells me there was no shuttle booked. I was very unhappy and because extremely stressed out, I did not plan on spending money on a taxi to get to the airport. Forty dollars and an unpleasant 15 minute conversation later, I finally got to the airport. I cannot believe the hotel put me in a situation like this.

Date of stay: July 2017

Thank you for your comments. Please pardon the inconvenience you experienced. We take your opinions very seriously and thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve and evolve. The logistics part of any business requires much attention to detail and the capacity to perform a daily routine task with a fresh and new mind-set. We always strive to keep our work fresh and could assure we achieve this 99% of the time. As humans, it is in our nature to sometimes loose this fresh mindset. This is where logistic mistakes take place. As a team, we need to evolve so that when one of our members need our support, we step in and maintain our service standards.

Rest assured, we are on conscious investigation of what happened and will learn from this experience. Thank you for the opportunity. We hope we can make it up to you in your next visit. I am completely sure we can do better! Best regards!

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Loved staying here and will stay there again soon! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great place to stay if you are having medical done while in San Jose. I liked having a shuttle to take me to the airport on the day I left. That was very helpful and only $5.00. Great restaurants near this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SofiaHon, Gerente at La Sabana Hotel Suites Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Thank you so much for your review!!! So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!! We pamper all our guests, but especially those traveling for medical treatment :). We understand it´s not only physically challenging, but also emotionally!! So be ready to receive that extra love and care from all of us!! Hope to see you again very soon!! Best regards!

Reviewed July 4, 2017

This is a great place to spend a night in San Jose before beginning your vacation. The area is safe, the rooms are quiet, there are several restaurants nearby, and it's very easy to drive out of San Jose.

Room tip: Rent an apartment for groups of 3 or larger.
Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Craftty
SofiaHon, Gerente at La Sabana Hotel Suites Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Next time, please make some room to include San José as part of your adventures in Costa Rica. There is much to explore in our capital!! Century old working markets, beautiful pedestrian ways, wide offer of museums and cultural venues... something for everyone!! Hope to be able to serve you soon and help planning your itinerary in urban Costa Rica! Best regards!

Reviewed June 30, 2017

Fantastic breakfast and incredibly helpful staff. Location is a little far from downtown to walk (~30 mins), but there is a bus stop right down the road that takes you downtown. All in all, Apartotel La Sabana feels like a small resort-style enclave in the middle of San Jose.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SofiaHon, Gerente at La Sabana Hotel Suites Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

Thank you for your lovely words!! So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!! Many of our guests call us the Oasis in the City. We like to think we are a safe heaven where your body and mind can recover from your adventures in the Tropics! We combine beautiful art and gardens with impecable service, focused on generosity and open hearts! Hope to serve you again very soon! Best regards!