We chose this hotel because of it's good standard, nice breakfast AND their transfer service to and from the airport: "We will gladly schedule your transport service from/to the Juan Santamaria International Airport to Apartotel La Sabana This service is free of charge" it says on their web site.
Unfortunately our plane was delayed and at one point we were scheduled to arrive at midnight and were very happy we already had arranged pick up through the hotel. BUT when contacting the hotel with our new flight time they said they couldn't pick us up any longer. Changes to the pick up time had to be made at least 24 hours in beforehand, but how is that possible when the flight is delayed?? And being two girls, the pick up would have been even more important to us when arriving in the middle of the night. We didn't feel comfortable grabbing a taxi at such a late hour.
"Luckily" our flight was even more delayed and we ended up being scheduled the next morning. We contacted the hotel again (and they had our flight no. all the time) and asked if they could arrange pick up in the morning, but still they said there was no way they could help us with pick up. We ended up taking a taxi. Arriving at the hotel we needed change to pay the taxi driver, we only had 20 dollar bills. We asked the hotel staff to help, but they were very difficult saying they couldn't change a 20 dollar bill. At last they lent us the few dollars we needed to pay the taxi driver. If you ask me, the least they could have done was to pay the whole taxi bill when canceling their transfer service because of our delayed arrival!!
When we left the hotel the next day we tried to explain to the staff at the front desk that we had a really bad experience with their transfer service promises and that this experience had colored our whole stay. They showed no sign of understanding. This really disappointed us, again, and is why we rate the hotel as poor. Had they only kept their promise about the transfer service it would have been very close to great. Too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartotel La Sabana is the perfect mix between an apartment and a hotel.Our fully serviced apartments are the ideal lodging with the comfort of home yet with all the benefits of a hotel, such as room service, front desk services, private parking, laundry, safe deposit box, breakfast and more.We have very competitive rates, specially for long-stay trips either for a single corporate business traveler, for family groups or groups of friends.Enjoy all the privacy that you need with great independence in a friendly environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Apartotel La Sabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartotel La Sabana Hotel San Jose
- Apartotel La Sabana San Jose
- Apartotel La Sabana Costa Rica/San Jose