Hotel Kaps Place
$160
$155
$112
$77
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
  • Breakfast included
$62
$59
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
All reviewsquiet hourscosta ricacommon areasa great stayfresh fruithot showerpura vidathree nightspolloenjoyed my stayfew blockskarolinaannexmosaicshammocksneighborhoodoasis
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We want warmly recommend on a special guest house in San Jose, Kosta Rica-“Kaps Place”. We have been there in May 2013, for two nights. We got into a special and unique place, with clean rooms and homely atmosphere. The staff is friendly, kind and helpful. Great place to stay in! (Yair & Irit Rafaeli, Isreal)

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Karolina B, General Manager at Hotel Kaps Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Yair & Irit Rafaeli,
Thank you for your kind remarks of us. We work hard to try to get the important things right: Clean rooms, safe, quiet and family ambiance, friendly service, all at a fair price.
We hope you will visit us again soon and make Kaps Place your home away from home. Thanks again for your input.
Warm regards!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This place is spacious, clean and friendly. The place is a maze, with lots of communal spaces, a massive dvd collection, a tv lounge and three kitchens to use. The staff is very helpful and friendly and the free breakfast was excellent. Would definitely recommend staying here if you go to San Jose.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
We loved serving you. Thank you for recognizing the hard work our team does everyday to ensure our guests' stays are comfortable and enjoyable. We do take great pride in our cleanliness and wonderful service
Please plan to come by again soon to visit. We hope you enjoyed your holidays!
Warm regards!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Karolina and staff are really helpful and super friendly. I was walking everywhere, so the location was good. Good breakfast, clean throughout and nice and quiet at night. Highly recommend this place if you are traveling on a budget, lots of room options to choose from.

Room Tip: I had a room in the main house and you could hear things behind reception, I did not find this bothersome, but noteworthy as others might choose a room in a different location.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
We are very glad to know about your positive experience with us. We work hard everyday to ensure a pleasant stay for our guests.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Warm regards!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The room was slightly small but the public areas are wonderful and staff is really friendly. Location is good as it's not too noisy but well within walking distance of the centre. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Karolina B, General Manager at Hotel Kaps Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Guest. Thank you for taken the time to write us your commentary. Kaps Place is a safe, secure family oriented and quiet hotel B&B where we like to provide service and tranquility to all ages. We like to provide you a home in San José where you feel welcome and in the hope to be a repeat guest in the very near future... Thanks again for the review we really appreciate it!!!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

May. ’13
San Vito Visa Run
San Vito at the top of the world

San Vito at the top of the world

This quarter’s Visa Run was to San Vito, a small (15k population) town about forty minutes from the border with Panama. I read online that it was one of the less traveled borders and that the views getting there were terrific, so I thought, why not? Since the bus to San Vito left about the same time the buses started running where I live in Santa Barbara, I decided to stay in town and take a cab to the terminal. Here’s where I stayed:
Kaps Kitchen Area

Kaps Kitchen Area

Kaps Place – kapsplace.com.
Kaps hammock next to fountain

Kaps hammock next to fountain

I really enjoyed the spaces there. It’s much larger than it seems, there are a couple of hammocks, an area for foos ball and table tennis, rocking chairs, a couple of burbling fountains, and a general sense of relaxed bonhomie that I quite enjoyed. The owners call it a 41-room guest house – and for good reason. The service is the best I’ve yet to experience – relaxed, immediate with multi-lingual people on site. There is a kitchen you can use that even I, the hermit, felt comfortable using, and a 24 hour tea and coffee service. I highly recommend using this as a place to overnight or stay during your visit to Costa Rica. I was so tired I didn’t mind being immediately adjacent to the common area, but if you want quiet just ask for it when making your reservation. It’s close to downtown, easily walkable; and there are many restaurants and museums close by.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Niki,
Thank you so much for taken time to make a review of us. I am very happy that you found us, Kaps Place is a safe, quiet & family guesthouse with 32 cute rooms and a paceful atmosphere.
I look forward to having you again with us soon!!!
Warm regards!