Previous reviewer who we met during New Year at Kap’s already described the place very accurately and eloquently with 5 stars, so I decided to be brief.
We stayed at Kap’s place for couple days during our Christmas vacation. The place has lovely character and it is quite cozy. Our room was basic but decent. It is located close to downtown (about 15 minutes’ walk) in rather quiet and safe neighborhood. The staff is extremely friendly and fun. Gallo Pinto cooked for breakfast was yummy.
On New Year’s Eve, Kap’s owner Karolina and her family hosted dinner and get together for all the guests which was a blast. We did the count down and celebration in Costa Rican style. After midnight, Karolina took us to terrace to have a view of sky lit by fireworks. It felt like we were at our Costa Rican family’s house for holidays. Two thumbs up for Kap’s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An authentic Costa Rican family will host and meet your needs providing accommodation, travel agency & personalized services (Spanish lessons, Post Surgery Care & meals). A clean, safe, colorful & comfortable setting w/kitchens, 1st class beds, safety boxes, cable TV, hot water. Complimentary: breakfast buffet, tea, coffee, WiFi, internet access, luggage storage & VOIP calls to more than 60 countries. Walk to: downtown, Gold, Jade & National Museums, National Theater, Plaza de la Cultura, Bolivar Zoo & Central Market. No sexual tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Kaps Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kap`s Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place San Jose
- Kaps Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place Costa Rica/San Jose