If you are like me and enjoy staying in a place that is unique... that definitely does not exist elsewhere in the world, well.. this is the place in San Jose! The staff is friendly, the rooms are comfortable and the decor adorable! We were three girlfriends travelling together, so it was wonderful to have a room with three beds. The breakfast was simple but alright. We used the kitchen a few times to make meals, and I have to say it was very clean and organized compared to other hostels! The staff were so very helpful in giving us travel advice. We managed to visit many local restaurants, shopping areas, and entertainment thanks to them.
While this is not the hotel's fault, taxi's can sometimes be a bit of a headache in San Jose. Make sure they put the meter on!!! Also, we had arranged a shuttle through the hostel from the airport... at the airport there were two drivers with my name on signs!!!! So make sure to ask them questions before getting into their vehicle! I asked the first one where he was taking us and he could not answer...
Anyhow, I highly recommend Kap's place if you are spending a few days in San Jose and would like to visit this very interesting city :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An authentic Costa Rican family will host and meet your needs providing accommodation, travel agency & personalized services (Spanish lessons, Post Surgery Care & meals). A clean, safe, colorful & comfortable setting w/kitchens, 1st class beds, safety boxes, cable TV, hot water. Complimentary: breakfast buffet, tea, coffee, WiFi, internet access, luggage storage & VOIP calls to more than 60 countries. Walk to: downtown, Gold, Jade & National Museums, National Theater, Plaza de la Cultura, Bolivar Zoo & Central Market. No sexual tourism. We also offer: Free Special Breakfast Buffet Free maps and tourist information Free fresh linens Free luggage storage Free Wifi internet and PC's with internet unlimited Free Parking Free table games (pool , pingpong & fussball) Kitchen facilities Free DVD movies/hometheater Book Exchange Hot showers Reception 24/7 And more…. In addition (optional & for extra fee) Laundry Service Airport Shuttle – Private service 24/7 Free International & local phone calls Tours Booking Car rental Bottled water, juice, beer and sodas for sale Discounted tours Spanish, dance, yoga & cooking lessons Massage &beauty in-house service Medical & post surgery recovery assistance Extra info Just 12 minutes walking distance from San Jose downtown Supermarkets, bars, restaurants, hospital, clinics, around the hotel Breakfast & taxes are included in the rate Front desk 24/7 Check in: 2:00 PM (if the room you booked is clean and available when you get here, you can check in) Check-Out: 12:00 MD (you can leave your bags in our luggage Room and pick it up later on) We offer anything you need during your stay. Kaps Place is Your home away from home "Su Casa en San Jose" PURA VIDA!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, HostelWorld, Orbitz and Hotel.de so you can book your Kaps Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kap`s Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place San Jose
- Kaps Place Hotel San Jose
- Kaps Place Costa Rica/San Jose