Hotel Dunn Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Inca Real(San Jose)
Hotel Castillo(San Jose)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Casa Leon(San Jose)
Cocoon Hotel(San Jose)
View Hotel
All reviewscosta ricacontinental breakfastceiling fancenter of san josehome away from homedowntown areafelt safelast nightairportbarriojacoearplugscabcountry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We brought 27 high school students to Costa Rica from northern Michigan. Thanks to John at Dunn Inn, their last 2 nights in San Jose will never be forgotten. Their staff opened their establishment, and their hearts to us. John and his staff made all of us feel at home, and we all had a fabulous time!
If you're looking for a place to stay in San Jose - Hotel Dunn Inn is it!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank DebbieD98
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We recently returned from Costa Rica with a group of 27 HS students and 5 adults. It was difficult to find places to accommodate our group size; John did this with ease and the outmost friendliness. Although we did not stay at the Dunn Inn we did eat at the restaurant twice. They created a special menu for us with many choices at extremely reasonable prices, had amazing service, a caring and friendly staff, and John was fantastic! To top it all off, the dance lessons we had scheduled with someone else had been a no-show and John came to the rescue! He moved the dinning room around and called in two fantastic dancers that did not disappoint--in fact, they were fabulous dancers and teachers. It was by far our favorite night in San José. I would recommend that everyone try to visit here as you will not be disappointed in the atmosphere, service, cleanliness, prices, or food. Great job, Dunn Inn staff! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Fritch11
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Normally when we go to Costa Rica we fly to San Jose airport and then drive the four hours to our destination on the Caribbean coast -- Puerto Viejo. But this trip we decided to stay in San Jose to get to know the city a bit. I randomly chose the Dunn Inn, mostly because I liked the photos of their exterior. But I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the hotel is -- although it is an old building. Everything has been done to try to modernize the rooms, which are simple but include a refrigerator, microwave and a safe to store small belongings. The staff was incredible -- very courteous, informative, helpful, and cheerful. I got the impression that people like working here which is the best sign of a well-run establishment. And the food in the restaurant was quite good. There's also an enormous bar attached which will serve food quite late if you happen to arrive as late as we did. I would highly recommend this hotel. And by the way, the shower water pressure was the best!

Room Tip: There appears to be a smoking and a non-smoking part of the hotel. I would always know now to request the non-smoking side. A friend stayed on the smoking side, which was lovely, but overwhelmed by the smell of smoke.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joan K
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I started coming to San Jose Costa Rica in 2009. Business was promising in Central America.
I stayed at several hotels before finding the Dunn Inn in 2010.
As soon as I walked through the front door into the lobby I was greeted with a warm and friendly smile. I was given a tour of the rooms and discussed my needs with the staff. They delivered then and continue to exceed my expectations every time I stay ( 7-10 days every 3 months ).
John ( General Manager ) is the perfect host. Very hands on and helpful. Marcela at the front desk, a real pleasure at making my stay in a different country easy. Oscar great chef. Magda at the lobby restaurant a real treasure. Andrea great service. Tatiana and Erica makes the end of the work day enjoyable at Ricks sports bar. Housekeeping the best in San Jose.
The security staff always attentive. I also enjoy talking dentistry with Karol ( dental student ) at the front desk.
Ok if your going to the area the Dunn Inn is the best ( HONEST )

Room Tip: I always prefer the top floor at any hotel. Less noise. Although the Dunn Inn is very respectful of the noise level.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ernesta861
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I come to San Jose Frequently, and I have stayed everywhere, and I can honestly say that this place is AMAZING!! The rooms are clean, and well kept up,they have The best staff, and a feeling of being at Home....The food is FANTASTIC! Thanks guys for making me feel at home every time i come!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business