“I cant stay anywhere else”
Review of Hotel Dunn Inn

Hotel Dunn Inn
Ranked #20 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed at the DI for the second time, and booked reservations for my next stay upon check out. This is a quaint, quiet hotel with nice up-to-date rooms, very pleasant atmosphere in the restaurant, and cool sports bar with good food (ceviche mixto is great). Great beds and showers. All top flight. On the bathrooms, my only complaint is lack of good soap and lotions.

But what will bring me back again and again is the warm, friendly and efficient staff. I love them! Reception, restaurant, bar, van driver, security ... All are personable and make my stay really comfortable. If I could I would live there.

I'll be back in a couple of months for sure ....

Room Tip: I like the Jr suite at $109 But the smaller rooms are great. Downstairs is supposed to be noisy bu...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went to Costa Rica for a little fun in the sun and booked a room at Dunn Inn. Wasnt expecting much but when I got there the staff immediately made me feel at home were very polite and professional. The room was great and very clean and i was very happy my entire stay Will definitely be staying there again

Vic

Room Tip: ask for the new rooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank vic G
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Dunn inn is a great small place in San jose, the staff is great and rooms are very nice. They updated many rooms and now has a very nice bar area to watch sports. Very nice staff and very pretty also i must say. Location is right in the middle of everything. very safe area

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank butch1960
Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you're looking for a relaxing place, you choose the Dunn Inn.
If you're looking for a comfortable place, you choose the Dunn Inn.
If you're looking for a very accommodating place, you choose the Dunn Inn.

Let me just say this: You should choose the Dunn Inn.

Not only was the Dunn Inn a great place to stay because of the comforting atmosphere, great accommodations, and makes you feel so relaxed, the service was top notch. Anything I ever needed, the people who work at the Dunn Inn were able to help me out. I needed some clothes washed and pressed. I expected them to take a day. They took two hours. They made me feel like I was a guest in a friend's house.

From the door man at the front, the front desk people, to the very nice sports bar in the back, every step was great.

The next time I go to San Jose, I'm staying at the Dunn Inn again. The first time you go to San Jose, you should too.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious from what I saw. Some rooms upstairs are bigger than others. My room downstai...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eric H
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I recently came back from Costa Rica. This was a Business and pleasure vacation and I was able to stay a little longer than I did on my 1st trip 3 months ago. I was so happy with my previous stay at the Hotel Dunn Inn, that I decided to stay there again. Except this time, I booked one of their suites. The price was very reasonable. This hotel I found out used to be a Mansion that is over 100 years old, and the suite I stayed in was part of the original Mansion. My suite had 2 nice size rooms. On was a living room with a built-in bar, flat screen TV and a small refrigerator. the bedroom has built-in cabinets and another flat screen TV. The bathroom was a nice size with a Jacuzzi tub.

One of the best part of my stay was the friendly staff. They are all very friendly and ready to assist you. All of them remembered me from my previous trip and seemed genuinely happy to see me back. Asides from the nicely kept Hotel and great staff, the food is great and so are the drinks. Before I left, I was told that the owners have just purchase another Hotel on the Beach in a city called Jaco. I saw the pictures and the Hotel looks great. I was told that they will be putting some packages together so that the next time I visit, I can spend time at both Hotels.

Can't wait for my next trip.

Maurice Leveille

Room Tip: Get a Suite
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Maurice L
John G, General Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

What lovely comments - thanks so much. Delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us and everything went so well. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

very nice and clean place close proximity to shops and stores. Restaurant inside is very nice and has great food. staff members are very friendly and accomodating. Very safe place with guards at night just sllowing guests to enter.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Appreciate your kind comments on the staff.

Hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the 4th time in January of 2013. My girlfriend and I love coming to Costa Rica and this is the place to be in San Jose. The place is very clean, the hotel staff are all very friendly, the newly added hotel bar is fantastic. It's a great place to watch a game or grab a beer. The hotel is family friendly and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. I would highly recommend if you need a place to stay in San Jose!

Room Tip: The penthouse Room 29 is awesome!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for your review. We get so many comments on our staff - They are truly the reason why we have so many loyal guests.