Hotel Dunn Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Inca Real(San Jose)
Hotel Castillo(San Jose)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Casa Leon(San Jose)
Cocoon Hotel(San Jose)
View Hotel
All reviewscosta ricacontinental breakfastceiling fancenter of san josehome away from homedowntown areafelt safelast nightairportbarriojacoearplugscabcountry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2013

very nice and clean place close proximity to shops and stores. Restaurant inside is very nice and has great food. staff members are very friendly and accomodating. Very safe place with guards at night just sllowing guests to enter.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
John G, General Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Appreciate your kind comments on the staff.

Hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the 4th time in January of 2013. My girlfriend and I love coming to Costa Rica and this is the place to be in San Jose. The place is very clean, the hotel staff are all very friendly, the newly added hotel bar is fantastic. It's a great place to watch a game or grab a beer. The hotel is family friendly and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. I would highly recommend if you need a place to stay in San Jose!

Room Tip: The penthouse Room 29 is awesome!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for your review. We get so many comments on our staff - They are truly the reason why we have so many loyal guests.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

They redid the front area, looks real nice. I haven't been there since Rick's opened. Real nice and good food (good price...I'm frugal!).
LOVE the happy hour specials (2 for 1).
I'm pretty type A, so I like things done correctly..
My airport transfer was on time, with his sign and a smile.
The girls spoke English and handled my van rental to take us to Jaco and set up our day trips. EVERYTHING, and I mean everything went smoothly. I've been there 4 times, and I know there will be a 5th. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Set up a pickup from the airport....or risk the deluge of cabbies yelling at you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay with us and we are excited to hear about your insights, I will definitely share your positive note to the team.

Again thank you very much for your positive feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Dunn Inn!

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Fourth time visiting Costa Rica and fourth time using Hotel Dunn Inn. Marissa, Carol, Gloria , Andrea and Tatiana are the Best of the Best. The cafe is now no smoking which makes eating there all the better. Also the new owners have put in a Spots bar next bar which if first class. Screens everywhere, beautiful waitress and you must try the cerviche.

Just don't sleep in room 6 as it rumbles unto 10,:30 and then hums all night. But they do provide ear plugs.

So enjoy your stay for in my opinion there is no better for the value.

Give my love to Gloria.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Waywardcritic
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I spent seven days at the Dunn Inn in a junior suite and had a great time. I have been coming to Costa Rica with freinds for sixteen years and this has been one of the best hotel experiences. The room had a king size bed with dark hardwood decor. Although the room had an air conditioner it took me a couple of days to realize i really didn't need it as the temperature was between 62 and 80 degrees f. The service was excellent and the staff was superb. John, the hotel manager made himself available to us the first day and pretty much gave us the VIP treatment. The breakfast was OK but the lunch, dinner and appetizers were pretty darn good. The hotel was for me, always quiet and relaxing. The hotel is probably an old coffee barrons home that was converted to a hotel. It is located near the middle of town and fairly safe to stroll around in the day but i would recommend a taxi after dark. As in any large urban area you could easily wander into trouble if you are not familiar with the area and there are always people lurking waiting to take advantage of lost and bewildered tourist. Over all a great experince that i would recommend to anyone looking for a nice hotel in San Jose.

1  Thank freddymia