“4th time, still will return”
Review of Hotel Dunn Inn

Hotel Dunn Inn
Ranked #18 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed February 5, 2013

They redid the front area, looks real nice. I haven't been there since Rick's opened. Real nice and good food (good price...I'm frugal!).
LOVE the happy hour specials (2 for 1).
I'm pretty type A, so I like things done correctly..
My airport transfer was on time, with his sign and a smile.
The girls spoke English and handled my van rental to take us to Jaco and set up our day trips. EVERYTHING, and I mean everything went smoothly. I've been there 4 times, and I know there will be a 5th. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Set up a pickup from the airport....or risk the deluge of cabbies yelling at you.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
John G, General Manager at Hotel Dunn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay with us and we are excited to hear about your insights, I will definitely share your positive note to the team.

Again thank you very much for your positive feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Dunn Inn!

John G.

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Fourth time visiting Costa Rica and fourth time using Hotel Dunn Inn. Marissa, Carol, Gloria , Andrea and Tatiana are the Best of the Best. The cafe is now no smoking which makes eating there all the better. Also the new owners have put in a Spots bar next bar which if first class. Screens everywhere, beautiful waitress and you must try the cerviche.

Just don't sleep in room 6 as it rumbles unto 10,:30 and then hums all night. But they do provide ear plugs.

So enjoy your stay for in my opinion there is no better for the value.

Give my love to Gloria.

1  Thank Waywardcritic
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I spent seven days at the Dunn Inn in a junior suite and had a great time. I have been coming to Costa Rica with freinds for sixteen years and this has been one of the best hotel experiences. The room had a king size bed with dark hardwood decor. Although the room had an air conditioner it took me a couple of days to realize i really didn't need it as the temperature was between 62 and 80 degrees f. The service was excellent and the staff was superb. John, the hotel manager made himself available to us the first day and pretty much gave us the VIP treatment. The breakfast was OK but the lunch, dinner and appetizers were pretty darn good. The hotel was for me, always quiet and relaxing. The hotel is probably an old coffee barrons home that was converted to a hotel. It is located near the middle of town and fairly safe to stroll around in the day but i would recommend a taxi after dark. As in any large urban area you could easily wander into trouble if you are not familiar with the area and there are always people lurking waiting to take advantage of lost and bewildered tourist. Over all a great experince that i would recommend to anyone looking for a nice hotel in San Jose.

1  Thank freddymia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I went to Costa Rica for the first time with two other friends of mine. We very much enjoy the country and the hotel that we stayed. The hotel had very good accommodations and services. I highly recommend it to other tourists.
Reza

1  Thank reza e
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My partner & I chose to stay at the D.I. Upon our arrival to CR only bc after a long day of travel we thought it best not b searching for a hotel in the dark...our room- the corner room on the ground floor was noisy- traffic & chattering front desk adjacent to room...Ricks cafe adj. to hotel was nice enough and the food and drink quite good but the bar seemed to be a rendezvous point for lonely old men and young "available" Costa Rican women...a little odd.. In short an ok place to crash if ur options r minimal... Would not b excited bout having to stay there again.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Superior room was nice and roomy..food average.., location convenient for the artist craft market .. However sat nights must be a popular night for the shady characters of the night.. Maybe its the fact it's linked to a sports bar( nice one I may add) within the hotel.. To me San Jose was a pit stop so I'm not complaining.. Some of the clientele that walked in was pretty comical.. It made for some good entertainment! Overall it was a decent stay for a night but glad I'm not staying in the area for a longer period of time...

1  Thank Sead0g
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The first night in San Jose Dunn Inn hotel was recommended by me from a friend who visited previously. The Dunn Inn Hotel was a GREAT choice for me to stay in before I started my vacation around Costa Rica. The airport shuttle pick me up at the airport, at a reasonable price. When I arrived at the Hotel, the Security Guard that was on duty, helped me with my luggage. The girl working at the front desk gave me a real warm welcome and a very fast check in. I had lunch at the Tropix. The server was very friendly and kind. I was surprised about the great service and food that they had to offer there. I was so impressed about the Dunn Inn on my first stay there, that I cancelled my reservation from a different hotel and spent the last night of my vacation at the Dunn Inn again. The staff recognized me and asked me about my trip. I would highly recommend the Dunn Inn Hotel to any one who is looking for a home away from home. When I come back the Dunn Inn Hotel is where I will stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo