I selected this apt/hotel because it was recommended to me by the dental place I went to (Nova Dental). They didn't steer me wrong! From the very first phone call (and emails), to all the time I was there, they were excellent. Since I arrived there early on a Sunday morning (took the red-eye from Los Angeles), the first thing I did was have their free every morning breakfast. It was very good (included silver dollar pancakes, beans and rice, eggs, plantains, cereal, mangoes, toast and coffee). I would have been disappointed if everything they served was typically American (by throwing in the local cuisine they made it special).
Anything I asked for they instantly provided. For example, after my implant surgery I required various small ice packs for my jaw and upper lip. They instantly put those together and brought them to my room. The units which include a small kitchen are an especially good idea if you are having any kind of dental work done. You have so much more flexibility with respect to what and when you eat, storage of ice packs in the freezer, microwave cooking so your food is just the right temperature, etc. The room was impeccable although it did have a slight humid smell (my only complaint and why I didn't rate it excellent).
As I mentioned, everyone was excellent but some that went beyond even excellent were Esteban and Elizabeth at the front desk who helped me with everything (half day trips, dental visits, restaurants, etc.), Teresa who cheerfully made breakfast for us most mornings and got all my clothing washed, dried and back to my room in a couple of hours, and finally Roberta who helped me figure out why I couldn't print my boarding pass (saving me a lot of time and frustration). This was an excellent choice and it made even dental surgery a good experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer comfortable and fully equipped Suites-Apartments with 1,2 or 3 bedrooms from 420 to 1000 square feet. We have free airport(SJO) to hotel transportation, and we charge US$5 from hotel to the Airport, both services must be booked with us. Free high speed wi-fi and free buffet breakfast. We specialize in medical tourism, families and business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Apartotel Suites Cristina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartotel Cristina San Jose
- Apartotel Suites Cristina Costa Rica/San Jose