“BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!!!!!!”

Ranked #18 of 77 Hotels in San Jose
Cornwall, Canada
“BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My friend in Alberta spent several days at the Cristina in 2011 and recommended it to me when I made the journey in July to have dental surgery. We had 10 fabulous days - Sylvie the receptionist told us to choose the tours we wished to go on and she would do the rest. Right down to a calendar with the tours, pickup times, prices and receipts. The friendliness of the staff and their willingness to help with anything and everything put this place at the top of my WOW LIST. Complimentary coffee was always available - I filled our teapot up every chance I got when we weren't on a tour and brought it back to our room. The coffee was delicious and led us on a trip to the Boka plantation and 10 bags of coffee that we brought home to Cornwall, Ontario. A breakfast buffet was included in the price and speaking as a caterer, I wasn't disappointed, I was inspired! I can't wait to go back! Judy & Hannah Stewart

Room Tip: I just requested 2 bedrooms - the staff took care of the rest and my daughter and I were thrilled wi...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank judy s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Czech first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Although I expected a 2 room suite at Apartotel Suites Cristina, I had no idea that meant 2 bedrooms, a complete kitchen, living room, full bath, and 3 TVs with lots of channels. What a pleasant surprise!

This hotel is very well located very near the ICE building (a good landmark to help you find the hotel) across from the Metropolitan Sabana Park in San Jose. If you follow the directions carefully, it is easy to drive there to and from the airport, and they have plenty of free parking.

Even though there's a kitchen, they serve a generous and complimentary buffet breakfast near the pool.

We were only looking for a place to stay in San Jose on our last night in Costa Rica, but if you need a comfortable place for an extended stay in the capital, this place would be great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tucs0nhiker
CristinaCostaRica, Owner at Apartotel Suites Cristina, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thanks for your comments, we are already improving our web page to inform customers about our utilities and services as, for example, free internet and breakfast.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have been to San Jose Costa Rica 6 times from September 2010 to July 2013 and have always stayed at the Suites Cristina
Of course there must be a good reason why I stayed at the same place so many times.
The location is great, the apartments are large, has a equipped kitchen, living room, bedroom, and a bath room. It is very clean, and comfortable. The staffs are very friendly and speak English and Spanish, the breakfast buffet is very tasty and gives you enough food to keep you going till supper time.
The pool is a nice size and clean, and all the common areas are very clean
There are a lot of good restaurants near buy and it is a short cab ride to downtown and other areas.
I would rate this accommodation a true 5 star and a very good value
Robert Baker

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Bob B
Our returning customers are the most valuable for us, their comments, critics and observations help us to improve in a sincere, friendly and concrete way.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had 2 adjoining suites, for our group of seven. The suites were clean and roomy, with TV's in each room and a full kitchen. The front desk staff was very accomadating and even provided us with a roll away bed, for one of the kids.

A mile or so away from the National Soccer Stadium, the neighborhood seems very save. We walked on the street at night a few times, and never felt nervous. Walking distance to a Subway, a Small Casino and a few small bars. Every morning they served a traditional Costa Rican breakfast, which is great for the wallet.

I would certainly stay here again if I ever make it back to San Jose.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank quota10
Our “Family Suite” apartments were not available during your visit; they are our biggest suite with 1000 Sq. Feet, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a large living room, maybe next time.
El Coco, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had a full knee replacement surgery and was required to remain in San Jose for a week. I stayed at the Apartotel Suites Cristina for a week after the surgery. The hotel staff from the security guard, front desk, reservations and maids all made my stay enjoyable and comfortable. Because my mobility was limited all staff went the extra distance to assist me whenever I required something I could not get myself. My wife and I have been staying at the Cristina for over 10 years and have always enjoyed our stays. The hotel staff are always friendly and very accomodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We know we have a compromised and responsible staff at the Cristina and we are very proud about it. Frequently, with long term and returning guests, the familiar faces help to make the stay relaxed and more enjoyable.
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed for 10 days at the Cristina. We had been to San Jose several times previously and had heard from other travelers about this hotel so we gave it a try. What a pleasant surprise from check in to departure. Rooms well furnished and appointed, everything in working order, convenient and safe. Absolutely no security concerns. Complimentary buffet breakfast every morning by the pool. Custom prepared eggs, fresh local fruit and other local breakfast treats. Just delicious. Local transportation is right at the front, either taxi or van. Complimentaty airport transportation all included in the very reasonable price. Whenever I return to San Jose the Cristina will be my home away from home.

Room Tip: Ground floor inside rooms are very convenient to all services.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your comments; you listed several advantages that are difficult for us to show in a web page.
Thornton, Colorado, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Came down in October of 2011 for dental work at Prisma Dental. Had never been out of the US. The people, accomodations and everything was perfect! Had 3 more visits in 9 months. Got to know Sergio pretty well! Even was able to reserve the same room in advance the last 2 visits. Love the exectutive suite & price. Will be down again and I know where I'm staying!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
A returning customer is always a matter of proud and responsibility and Sergio, our sales manager, knows it very well when he try to exceed expectations.