“Nice Place, nice service”

Casa Conde Hotel & Suites
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was a surprise since I didn't know nothing of the place and resulted to be a nice place to stay... couldn't find better even if I tried. Nice restaurant with great food. The pool area is a great place to stay cool. Recommended

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FilipeG
CondeMgmnt, Gerente at Casa Conde Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stopped at Casa Conde for one night prior to embarking on a two week trip. We were told about the remoteness of the property as it relates to the city center. So we were not surprised that there was no place to walk. Upon arriving on the grounds we were pleasantly surprised but after checking in and going to the room, this is where the disappointment came about. Also it was raining that day and the noise from the rain was so loud that the bellman and I could not communicate. I tried to call the lobby to see about another room and the response is it will get better once the rain stops! The other major issue is with the hot water, or lack of constant hot water in the unit. The other issue was the performance of the air-conditioner. It worked but it blew right on the bed and made sleeping pretty difficult.

Room Tip: During the rainy season, try to get a room without a light-well.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SFGoodie

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at the San Jose Casa Conde for a week in March...2013 ..for 7 nights. I will start with the positive remarks. The hotel grounds and staff are fantastic....everyone is smiling at you ...the breakfast every morning is awesome..by any standards...the pool is very nice..as is the hot tub. The location is in an older area of SJ....which is fine with me..central to everything....I'm a CR vet....and walking around at night is not my desired activity.....and night time wandering is not recommended...,although I think this is overblown....but there's really no where to walk to anyway. My BIG complaint...was the lack of kitchen tools and pots and pans. This room was described as 'fully supplied kitchen '... WOW...one pot...3 forks...4 water glasses...3 dinner plates .....you could not possibly cook a meal ....My girlfiend called the front desk to see if we could get 2 wine glasses........NO....was the answer.....Overall...I would describe my stay as a 5/10... Repeat...NO....... No...No...

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank cabinman

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel was nice surprise it was great to have a kitchen and washer and dryer. We stayed out first and last night in this hotel. I was traveling with my daughter so having separate rooms was nice.
The hotel is very well maintained and has a lovely appearance. Nice pool and sauna, unfortunately the hot tub was working on our last night, so took a sauna while I laundry was washing!! Great to go home with clean clothes!!

Driving to the hotel even with GPS was challenging, wild driving and motorbikes everywhere!!
Thank God my daughter is less timid than me and she drove, I just sat and prayed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eileen1359

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited San Jose, Costa Rica. We got a 2 room apartment- Including washer and dryer, Kitchenette and living room for under $100. Service was excellent and the food was great. We do recommend this place. The only thing we didn't care for was the location. It's a little outside of town. Maybe 15-20 minutes. SO if you want to stay there, make sure you rent a car or you'll be taking taxis to go out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank oking21

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here on our first night and last night in Costa Rica as our flights were in and out of San Jose. My first impression was that it was okay, but after more Costa Rican travel, I realized that it was actually quite nice comparatively. The suites were spacious and some even provided in-room washers and dryers. There was great air-conditioning and even though you are in the middle of a not-so-great neighborhood, it feels very safe. We only had breakfast here, but the fruit options and hot bar were decent. They could use some new towels in the rooms (ours had a few holes) and maybe some basics in the rooms like dish soap or coffee filters to make things a little easier. If I had to stay in San Jose again though, I would stay here.

Room Tip: I would recommend an upstairs room to be away from staff noise. If you need internet access be sure...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lorraine G

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I visit San Jose regularly for business purposes since 2007. My first stays in the city were in Casa Conde because of its location, close to the office. It is true the hotel is located in a not-so-friendly neighbourhood; however, I felt myself safe inside the hotel gated area. Rooms are distributed in 2-story buildings and they can not be actually called rooms - they are fully equipped homes with kitchen, washer, dryer, sofas and 2 bedrooms each unit. My critics to this hotel are: furniture is old and thorn, rooms are not clean, staff makes a little noise by speaking just outside rooms. The good about it is: staff is friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business