Hotel Le Bergerac Boutique
$89
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
$75
$62
$60
  • Breakfast included
$94
Hotel Grano de Oro San Jose(San Jose)
$190
$184
All reviewslos yosescosta ricaprivate gardensan pedro mallthe hotel staffminute walk to downtowncharming hotelwithin walking distancerice and beansbreakfast includedstayed here for one nightneighborhoodtropicalsupermarketcabtours
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here two times on our Costa Rican honeymoon. It was our first stop when we arrived in the country at 5:30am and we appreciated the great service as we were of course pretty jetlagged. They were able to check us in when we arrived so we could take a shower and have the delicious Costa Rican breakfast in their cafe. We came back after a trip to Monteverde and stayed two more nights at Le Bergerac in the middle of our trip. The staff helped us book our tour to Cafe Britt, made restaurant reservations, and helped us with cabs. We found them friendly and helpful and it was always nice to return to such a welcoming place after a day exploring. We passed a nice afternoon chatting with Erick at the bar and enjoying the great happy hour deals.

The rooms were a little inconsistent. The first room we stayed in was quite a bit older and on the ground floor so a little dark. When we came back we were in a second floor room with an amazing blue bathroom with tall ceilings and a great view. That was room #12 and I highly recommend it.

Would definitely send friends or family to Le Bergerac when they're in San Jose!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CateBSeattle_WA
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Le Bergerac. We were very excited to be there but after the Villa Decary [Arenal] and Hotel Belmar [Monteverde] we were disappointed. The hotel looks very charming, the building is beautiful, surrounded by a very nice garden. Unfortunately the room we were [#28 - deluxe] was pretty old furnished. But the worse is the lighting: we understand that hotel needs to reduce their electric expenses but all the bulbs are BASIC FLUORESCENT ENERGY SAVING LIGHT. Which means that your bedroom looks like a hospital bedroom. Le Bergerac has a great potential but unfortunately not explored by the owners. Very sad. The location is really cool, only 15mn from the noisy downtown and take the time to walk all around the hood, there is beautiful architecture to discover especially the "brutalist" church of Fatima, 3 blocks away. Rare piece of architecture.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luzzien
Reviewed August 20, 2013

It was hard to find the hotel mostly because no one thought to tell us it was 2 blocks away from a major shopping plaza. So many streets in San Jose are one way and the congestion was horrible,,,,,The rooms were simple but quaint. the little patio was a great place to meet with my business associate. The service was awessome and the restaurant well done..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have been to Costa Rica many times and have always stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown when in San Jose....not anymore

Hotel Le Bergerac has such a friendly and helpful staff, great restaurant, and awesome location. You can walk in to town or San Pedro with ease.

The university is close by so there are delightful places to eat and drink.stopped at an amazing tea shop today near the hotel and had the best iced tea of my life (and live in NC) room is clean and comfortable.

Super happy to have found this place. Love, love, it

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a patio. NIce to read and journal there.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shellb33
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Iam back again to Costa Rica and I did not want to drive back to fortuna where my destination is, so I look for nearest place to spend the night and I found Hotel Bergerac I really did no know what to expect but when I arrive it felt like I was in a movie set because the place was immaculate and the staff so friendly courteous and on point. So I got to my room which it was super gorgeous, clean and smell super fresh which also had this big window that you open up with a gorgeous garden and natural sky light.
Also the bathroom with the an amazing sky light that makes the bathroom look so cool.
Well to make my story short I strongly recommended to anyone who wants to feel safe and be treated like a million dollar guess.

• Stayed: August 2013