$85
$64
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $71/night.

$87
$81
$129
$89
Balmoral Hotel(San Jose)
$117
$79
Hotel Santo Tomas(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$51
$46
  • Breakfast included
$149
$128
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
$108
$97
  • Breakfast included
Casa Conde Hotel & Suites(San Jose)
$111
$105
$96
$84
$160
$155
All reviewscosta ricalos yosesprivate gardensan pedro mallthe hotel staffminute walk to downtowncharming hotelrice and beansbreakfast includedneighborhoodtropicalsupermarketcabtours
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a nice hotel (when you take a superior soom) with a nice room wiyh garden.
The staff is very friendly and will help you.
The room is confortable, the neighbourghood is very noisy (restaurant or bar ?) and it could be a good idea to change windows and put A/C ...
Otherwise breakfeast is very good.
The quarter is safe and you can park our car.
At the end it's a valuable hotrl for the price.
My recommandation : you can stay there

Room Tip: Take the one's with garden and ask for a one not located bear the restaurant/bar wich is next !
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
LeBergerac, Assistant Manager at Hotel Le Bergerac Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear guest,

We are sorry to read that you were disturbed by exterior noise. We don´t normally have those kind of problems as we are located in a very quiet neighborhood. However, it will be helpful if you could let us know the date you stayed at so we can verify were was the noise coming from.

The Superior rooms are very comfortable as they have a private patio were you can also enjoy the complimentary Costa Rican breakfast. The Deluxe and Grande rooms also have private gardens and a mini fridge. All our rooms have ceiling fans due that the weather in the Central Valley is cooler than the coasts and at nights it cools down a little bit more.

We want to thank you for sharing your experience with other TripAdvisor readers.

We look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Hasta pronto,

Alejandra G

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at Le Bergerac twice and the first time, I got a better room upstairs with a great view. It seems like an old renovated mansion and has its cute little quirks/decorations.
The hotel is not within walking distance to downtown San Jose. You'll have to take a cab or you can walk down the street (not at night though) to some restaurants and a few cafes. There's really nothing within walking distance. That wasn't a problem for me, as I was out of San Jose all day on trips.
Checking in and out of the hotel was a breeze. The rooms were clean, the bathrooms had hot water and the staff was helpful and spoke English. I absolutely loved the little breakfast garden and the restaurant staff were the BEST. The Costa Rican breakfast was delicious and very filling. I am now addicted to pineapple jam!

Room Tip: Definitely request a room upstairs!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Fatmahal

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Le Bergerac twice! The main house was built in 1940`s and the hotel has kept the floors, the main scalinata located in the lobby, as well as the living room furniture. All the rooms have wooden floors.

Our Superior, Deluxe and Grande rooms have a private patio, garden or balcony. The Standard rooms are close to garden areas or the lobby. The Grande rooms have a mountain view.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the breakfast, the pineapple jam as well as the service provided by our Cyrano`s staff.

Regarding the location of the hotel, we are 20 minutes within walking distance from dowtown San José and its main attractions: museums, theaters, parks, markets and restaurants.

We hope you consider staying with us next time you visit our beautiful Costa Rica.

Hasta pronto,

Alejandra G

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My colleague and I moved to this hotel after spending a couple of days in a very noisy location. It was very quiet and only one block away from our work location.

The staff are very accommodating and the rooms are quite nice. My only complaint is that there is no outside ventilation in the room so it can be somewhat musty. I solved this by having the doors open during the daytime. I do hope they install air conditioners in the rooms to chase the moisture out.

The breakfast is great and the interior surroundings are beautiful.

If you're looking to visit central San Jose, this hotel is a great alternative to the big box hotels.

Room Tip: The standard room is too small. Pay the few extra dollars for a superior room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
LeBergerac, Assistant Manager at Hotel Le Bergerac Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for telling others about your experience in Le Bergerac.
We are pleased to know that you found the hotel quiet with beautiful gardens, nice food and that the staff met your expectations.

We appreciate if you could send us a message to know which room you were staying at, so we can figure out the ventilation issue. We regret you have not told us so we would have moved you to another room.

We hope to see you on your next business trip!!!

Cordially,

Alejandra García

Reviewed October 2, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
LeBergerac, Assistant Manager at Hotel Le Bergerac Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Overall I loved this hotel, the staff were amazing, they helped me with everything from picking us up at the airport to renting a car that was delivered and picked up at the hotel. Since driving in SJ is a bit of a challenge this was a real plus. The food was good and the rooms were clean. My only complaint was that on our last night we were put in a room that had just recently had the floors redone and it smelled strongly of the varnish..thought I could live with that for one night but then the noise from the lobby really travelled and I had trouble sleeping. Just a word of advice, make sure your room is well away from the top of the stairs and you will have an amazing experience. If it were not for that one little issue I would give them a 100%. BTW- I do blame myself in part for not insisting that they move me from the smelling room, which they would have gladly done. Bottom line, I would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to other travelers.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not at the top of the stairs. All the hard surfaces just make sound travel and it feels as though the people in the reception area are standing outside your door talking loudly.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mkchyno

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your reviews and recommending Le Bergerac to other travellers..
We are happy to know that everything went ok with the airport pick up service and the car renting.

We regret that you have not told us about the smell in your room the last night you stayed with us, we would have moved you to another room.

Thank you for telling us about the noise you got from downstairs, we will check that all the doors have the noise avoiders we have installed.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our beautiful Costa Rica. Pura vida!

Alejandra García