All reviewscosta ricalos yosessan pedro mallthe hotel staffminute walk to downtowncharming hotelrice and beansbreakfast includedneighborhoodtropicalsupermarketcabtours
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Not only is the hotel a lovely oasis, but the service is excellent. The staff helped with excursions, travel arrangements, directions, and restaurant recommendations. They even brought breakfast to our room when my sister was ill. They helped me practice my Spanish and served as translators on phone calls. I have never relied on staff at a hotel as much as I did as Hotel Le Bergerac, and they were unfailingly helpful and cheerful.

Room Tip: We stayed for a week and used the patio quite a bit. Paying extra for a patio was worth it for us.
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are more than happy to read that you have enjoyed our oasis of tranquility in the heart of San José.
Thank you for letting us know that we helped you having an enjoyable stay in the hotel and that the recommendations given were a success!!

Esperamos nos visite en su próximo viaje a Costa Rica.

Cordially,

Alejandra García / Assistant Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2012

The hotel was lovely! Each room has a little patio surrounded by greenery. The rooms were cleaned perfectly every day. Breakfast was delicious, as was dinner. Most importantly, the staff was absolutely wonderful! I stayed for several days and one morning I felt ill so I stayed in my room. Without being asked, someone brought breakfast to my room. This kind of thoughtfulness was on display throughout my visit. The concierge spent a great deal of time with us and with other visitors to help them coordinate trips and find restaurants, historical sites, tour groups, etc. I really can't say enough about how friendly and kind the staff was.

Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy to know that the service given filled your expectations. Our goal is to make guests feel as they were at home and that they have an memorable stay while visiting San José, a city full of historical sites, restaurants, beautiful architecture, theaters, etc.
Please consider our property next time you visit San José.

Cordially,

Alejandra García // Assistant Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed for one night at the end of our CR vacation, 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We had booked a larger room and it was plenty big enough, classic white walls and hardwood floors with an enormous bathroom. The bedroom had a small patio planted as a dense garden, full of butterflies and birds.

The lobby is small but elegant, and the restaurant overlooks a courtyard garden. Hotel is on a very pleasant and quiet residential sidestreet, but a short walk from stores, bars etc.

Breakfast was excellent, dinner was OK, staff were all very pleasant, but Erick the waiter/barman is a total star.

Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your large room and the beautiful garden full of butterflies and birds, which made the view even prettier!
We are happy to read that breakfast and restaurant service were excellent.

Next time you visit San José, please consider to come back to our oasis of tranquility, it will be a pleasure to see you again!

Kind regards.

Your friends at Le Bergerac

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed all over Costa Rica using San Jose as our base. We stayed here 3 nights over the course of 2 weeks and had a variety of rooms. We loved them all, loved the morning breakfast, and we ate dinner at the hotel each night too. A real gem!

Room Tip: Most rooms have various patios etc... they're all good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our services. We are happy to know that our hotel's location was convenient for you in order to visit the different attactions of the country and that you had the opportunity to stay in different rooms.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your breakfast time at the terrace surrounded by our tropical exotic gardens, which definitely make us the small oasis in the city.
If you decide to come back to Costa Rica, we hope you will consider again our property.
Hasta la proxima!. Your friends at Bergerac.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Hotel le Bergerac was a jewel of a hotel in San Jose. It is close enough to downtown for an easy bus ride(or a nice 15-20 min.walk),but far enough away to be peaceful. There are bus stops in both directions only 1/2 block from hotel. It is also close to San Pedro Mall for easy shopping. The rooms are lovely. Very clean with pretty hardwood floors, comfortable beds, large closets with safe and large clean bathrooms. I had a garden room which had a nice private patio as well. The dining room is quiet with garden tables available and the menu has a little something for everyone with excellent food quality. A "Typical Costa Rican breakfast" is included with the nightly rate and is substantial with fresh juice and a fruit plate to start, followed by eggs, rice & beans and plantains(Gallo Pinto) all served with a choice of breads and coffee. A DELICIOUS way to start the day! The staff is what really makes the hotel special. All speak very good English, if that is what you need, and everyone goes above and beyond the norm to be helpful and courteous. I had some unique circumstances with my visit to Costa Rica and the ladies in charge did everything they could to help me and make my visit enjoyable and as stress free as possible. I truly consider Hotel le Bergerac my home away from home in Costa Rica and hope to return many more times in the future.

Room Tip: Spend the extra for a garden room- the patio is so pretty.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HappyTraveler2011
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at Bergerac. We were very happy to assist you with all we could in order to make your stay unforgettable. We hope you can visit us soon. Take care and hasta la proxima! Your friends at Bergerac.