All reviewscosta ricalos yosessan pedro mallthe hotel staffminute walk to downtowncharming hotelrice and beansbreakfast includedneighborhoodtropicalsupermarketcabtours
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband, 14 year old son, and I stayed here on June 16 - 19. We landed at the San Jose Airport and were given clear instructions on how to find the hotel driver. We had no problem finding the driver and he was so helpful with our luggage and gave us a short tour of the city. We stayed in the Grande room with 2 queen beds. The room was very clean and we were very impressed with the huge bathroom. We loved the private patio garden. The WiFi signal was strong and my son was happy to surf the web on our iPad. We ate breakfast everyday and always ordered the typical Costa Rican breakfast because we couldn't get enough of it! The waiter was so friendly and always made sure our food was fine. The front desk staff were also very helpful. We needed a private van and forgot to mention it to the staff ahead of time and they scrambled to get us a driver within 30 minutes. I also appreciated that they arranged any and all tours that we wanted.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

We appreciate your comments, thank you for sharing them with others. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the service and our tropical gardens while you and your family were staying in one of our grande rooms. It was a pleasure to assist you with all your travel plans, that gave us the opportunity to show you a little part of beautiful Costa Rica and its people. Best wishes from all your friends at Bergerac.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Small, clean, nice location. Bedrooms are comfortable

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
LeBergerac, Assistant Manager at Hotel Le Bergerac Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review!
We hope you consider our property next time you visit San José.

Cordially at your service,

Alejandra G

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here our first two nights on May 18th & 19th upon arrival in San Jose. It is old and very charming. The first room they put us in had only one bed and we required two. They graciously switched our room for us. It had a huge bathroom and was much larger than the first room. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. They staff was very, very friendly and helpful. We left very early the next for La Paz Waterfall Park and they graciously had coffee ready for us on very nice tray while we waited for our guide. We ate dinner there which was very good. The breakfast which is included was very good and lots of food. Our room also had a very cozy patio with a table and two chairs. This hotel is centrally located to downtown San Jose and a good bargain. There is no elevator so be prepared for lots of steps and stairs.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed my short stay here, and loved my room with an oversized bath. The room looked out on a small gardenn that wAs very relaxing. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Gardens are beautiful and quiet. Altought it is a small hotel, it has a lot of class and personality. Everyone who worked there was helpful friendly and polite. Their restaurant has a great ambience and the food was delicious. One night before I left the hotel I had a stomachache and so even though they do not offer room service, they brought me a cup of warm tea to my room. Since I traveled alone, another night I decided to venture to a San Jose bar, at my request, front desk checked on me and also called the taxi driver at 3am to make sure i was ok. Its all the small details that count.
If I ever go back to San Jose, I will definitely stay at Le Bergerac again.

Room Tip: My room had a balcony, It was spacious and quiet nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo