“Excellent Value ^ Good Breakfast”
Review of Hotel Aranjuez

Hotel Aranjuez
Ranked #6 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, USA
“Excellent Value ^ Good Breakfast”
Reviewed July 24, 2007

Stayed one night. The room wasn't fancy, but quite fine, and definitely a fine price at approximately $35/night. My room had no air conditioner and the ceiling fan didn't work, but a portable fan was already in the room and worked well. Pay in cash.

Pros: Excellent value for the money. Clean & pleasant room. Excellent breakfast in a nice, atmospheric backyard. Reserved parking seemed secure (though with the possibility of a 2nd person parking behind me, I'm not sure how I would have moved my car if I'd been trapped in.) Handy free internet connection. Pleasant common areas. Friends in town confirmed this was safe area in SJ.

Cons: Hated the fax only reservation policy. When I had to change my reservation to only one night, I had to ask my previous hotel to use their fax, but Aranjuez didn't penalize me for dropping one night of a 2-night reservation. Walls were a little thin -- the people next to me thankfully were quiet. Don't know how I would have found it by driving (I followed a local friend to get there), but that's SJ, not their fault.

• Liked — Value -- Fine Basic Room at Excellent Price
  • Disliked — Fax Reservation Policy
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
4 Thank mikery1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
Rockville, MD
Reviewed March 28, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at Aranjuez for 2 nights. Our room was big and clean and the beds fairly comfy. I liked how there was free access to the internet in a small computer room. The hotel also had gardens with tropical plants in various places. There was a nice seating area to relax with other guests with a big garden area. The best part of the our stay there was the breakfast. They had a delicious assortment of breads, fruits, gallo pinto, pancakes, eggs, juices. I would recommend staying here!

• Liked — the hotel breakfast and the cheap but yummy restauants down the street
  • Disliked — the hotel staff could have been more helpful planning activites..we had to call the rafting place ourself
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarylandMachita
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 12, 2007

I stayed at the Aranjuez over night in transit to Tamarindo with about 9 other spring breakers. There was enough room for our entire group in all of the rooms. The staff is very friendly, and accommodating even though we had some spring break revelers in our group, which was greatly appreciated. The breakfast was GREAT and held us over on our trip to Tamarindo. The staff also recommend some restaurants nearby. It is a very safe building, but I am not sure about the neighborhood, as I was always walking around in a big group. The rooms are clean, as are the bathrooms, and there is a TV.

We were originally supposed to stay another night on our return trip back from Tamarindo, but for some reason, my reservation coming back to San Jose was not in the books, but the front desk staff was quick to find us a similar style bed and breakfast near by due to the mix up.

I would stay here again if I came through San Jose another time.

• Liked — It was very clean given the price
  • Disliked — I was a bit disappointed about our reservation mix up, but just make sure you confirm ALL your dates at any hotel you stay at.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank halankar
Oklahoma
Reviewed January 13, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and just really had a great experience! Despite having a bit of trouble finding the hotel, once we arrived it was worth it! The rooms are nice and comfortable and there are gorgeous gardens to walk in. The breakfast you get each morning is delicious!! Also, we felt very safe because security was great! There is an internet room where we could upload pictures and check email. Most places in Costa Rica charge but here it was free for guests.
Overall, I highly recommend staying in this hotel.

• Liked — Breakfast and atmosphere
  • Disliked — Location-hard to find on your own
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple