“I'll be back -Fo Sho!”

and 1 more site!
Colours Oasis Resort
Ranked #29 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Had a great time here! I was backpacking through Central America and used Colours as a nice break from ‘roughing-it’. Prior to arriving, the staff was very attentive to e-mails and planning. The rooms are awesome with robes, big beds and plenty of pillows.

The internet is VERY slow – be warned. The hot tub was also down, however the manager noticed I was trying to use it and immediately fixed it. Same with the internet. If something is wrong, tell the staff, they are right on it and ready to help out.

The place was quiet, so if you are planning on meeting up with people, don’t plan on it. I was able to meet 8 new friends, but the other nights the place was very quiet. Easy cab ride to anywhere.

Enjoyed the stay there, and am very thankful to the staff for everything they did – great service.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank tmchf

Reviewed January 17, 2011

My friends booked this hotel for us on a recent trip to Costa Rica in late December. The place is not in a good neighborhood and secluded especially from other gay locations. My room had a broken window adn it was very cold that day. Also, there was no internet connectivity in this room -- staff told me to go downstairs. The jacuzzi and the treadmill were broken and the place ws empty -- go figure.

I will say that the front desk staff was pleasant but there are NO other positives.

AVOID this place. We checked out the same day. If you are looking for a nice accomodation try the Hotel Beacon in Escazu.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank MuscldPapi
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed here for a day when we arrived in Costa Rica and for another day before we left… it’s a great little place in a quiet neighborhood with attentive friendly/helpful staff and the price includes breakfast. I would recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rjmiller21
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Colours Oasis Resort is in a very pretty and secluded spanish style building in a safe residential neighborhood. You actually can't tell how pretty it is from the outside, which I guess adds to the secluded part.

Be clear that this is mostly a spot for men, not women. My partner and I did, however, enjoy staying here though it would have been nice if we didn't feel like the token dykes. It's great to have a gay hotel to stay at but we wonder when the gay spots will start marketing to women too...as an aside, our lonely planet didn't mention anything for gay women.

The showers are fantastic here. Seriously, worth the money alone. The rooms are very nice too and the staff is super friendly and hospitable. And doesn't that make such a difference? The breakfasts are nothing special but they do the trick. In general, we really liked staying here - it's a lovely place and we would recommend it - to men and women.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ari R
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I must commend the staff from this hotel. I was recommended to stay at a bed and breakfast near the Colours Oasis, since my girlfriend was flying into San Jose on an early flight. However, when I got to the bed and breakfast, which had already taken my reservation, no one was there. I waited 30 min, and no staff was there to check me in, even though I had called to let them know that I would be arriving around 9 pm.

Being in this situation, I went to Colours Oasis to ask for their help. They gave me an alternate phone number, and were very helpful in this difficult situation. After trying several more times unsuccessfully at the other bed and breakfast, Colours Oasis was able to accomodate me at the last minute.

I was very happy with the hotel facilitaties and staff. The hotel is decorated beautifully, including a pristine pool and free internet! After picking my girlfriend up at the airport, we came back and ate breakfast. The breakfast was delicious, very enjoyable experience.

The hotel is very nice, clean, and the staff is great! I will definitely stay at Colours Oasis again!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank natureguide
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I am a gay single traveller and was coming to San Jose for a friends wedding. I never normally stay in gay resorts but after reading the reviews on here I thought I'd give it a go........and I am so glad i did.

The location i found to be perfect.........San Jose can be a bit dodgy but the area of the hotel was bery pleasent and was at the upper end of what the city offers. It is not in the centre (but you would not want to be!!!) and to get a taxi to town to go out cost no more than about 5000 Coloners.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. i have run hotels in my life and if I had the team they have I would have been laughing. I turned up in San Jose with a linen suit for my wedding but then got told it was black tie!!! The guys on the desk found a shop and a suit........and then even took it back to get my deposit back for me!!!! What amazing service.............I could go on about these guys but they really are the best.

The hotel itself i found really homely.........which is exactly what it is. If you want a standard hotel stay in the Marriott. For the money I paid it was the best value accomodation of the whole trip.

Can't stop telling people about this place so go and find out for yourself.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2010

We weren't impressed. The room was dated, except the shower was great. Breakfast was OK, nothing to write home about. We saw very few other customers, the place was way too quiet for a specialty "resort". It is way outside the city center. We didn't think it was worth the price. We liked the free WiFi, good signal in our room. The staff were very nice.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends