“Hotel Kekoldi in San Jose”
Review of Kekoldi Hotel

Kekoldi Hotel
Ranked #38 of 78 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Nice place close to the center of San Jose. Good rooms pretty garden nice settings
Good value. Recommended

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank diporzio

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I booked this nice little oasis twice while in CR. Both times I found the staff to be kind, nurturing and very welcoming. As my first experience in Costa Rica I am glad I stayed here, Nice little garden and breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed on ground floor front. I was offered a better room upstairs but for one night I dealt with...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank chasgo3
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We recently had the opportunity to stay 4 nights at Hotel Kekoldi. It's a wonderful place, nothing pretentious, just a clean, comfortable hotel in which to spend a few nights while enjoying the sights of "downtown" San Jose.
The hotel is very well located, the staff is helpful and speak English, a real plus since I am an ugle American that speaks ONLY English. Breakfast is fresh and one can order eggs to suit. If you are looking for luxury, this is not the place. If you are looking for local comfort, easy access to anything in the "Cultural District", or just a comfortable place to kick back and enjoy "Pura Vida" this is the place.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the main street are not at all noisy. That was our concern when we checked in but...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank thumbsup45
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Originally I was suppose to stay at tranquillos but after hearing thru have bed bugs I walked around and found hotel kekoldi . I rang the bell and a min later someone came . I was there during quiet season , this month and they had a room . Rooms were fine , hot water , bed with sheets and comfortable and they directed me to restaurants . Didn't walk around much as I stayed there one night in the beginning of my trip and one night at the end. Breakfast is included which was average . He asked me if I wanted eggs and I asked what time it was , I had 15 minutes . That's enough but never got them . Internet is free , for 50$ I was ok with sleeping with no bed bugs, hot water and a tv and clean sheets , since other places I was at were worse . I would stay there again but like everyone says get out of San Jose

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Smilz2011
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed at the Kekoldi in 2007 and found it comfortable and in a safe area (Barrio Amon), so it was easy to choose our hotel when we returned this summer. Again, we weren't disappointed. The rooms are well furnished, have good beds, fan, closet, fridge and safe (if you need them). Bathrooms are fine, showers hot.

Breakfast is provided in a little garden area at the back of the hotel. We had to leave early for our flight home, sadly, so didn't have time to try this. Afternoon coffee is also provided: a nice touch. Free internet is included.

The hotel staff are friendly. English is spoken if your Spanish is limited. The staff arranged our transfer to the airport for $30.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter W
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We flew into San Jose late in the afternoon on a fly-drive/hotel voucher package and stayed here overnight before heading off before 7am the next morning. We were provided with a large double bedroom overlooking the small garden and the make-shift bar (nb. there is no restaurant). It was very basic but could not be faulted on size and cleanliness and the staff were friendly and helpful. So it was fine for a stopover, but wouldn't come here looking for any kind of luxury.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa_Biddlecombe
Reviewed February 16, 2011

we pre-booked this hotel from back home before we started our trip to costa rica/nicaragua. actually we planned to just stay 2 nights but our luggage got stuck and we had to stay 4 nights. the staff was really helpful and friendly with getting our luggage finally delivered.
the reception is open 24/7 and sells soft drinks and beers.
the wireless internet only works somewhat in the garden.

its a a very good hotel for a few days and has a really lovely garden. something you can hardly find in san jose.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple