1,758 results
All reviewscosta ricacentral locationrooftop barpedestrian mallheart of san josenice hotelnational theatregold museumstreet noiseking bedyogurtlobby areastandard roomrental carfelt very safebreakfast was includedfew blocks
Reviewed July 24, 2007

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights for our honeymoon and we loved it. We stayed for 3 nights when we first arrived and were given a large clean room with a kind letter welcoming us, champagne for us to enjoy and a hot tub in our room! The staff was there to answer any and all questions and the hotel's resturaunt was excellent. Room service was fast and check-out was easy. Our last night there after 6 days in another area of the country was the best. The manager went out of his way to find my camera that I had left in the taxi and he treated us with such kindness and calmed me down when I was sure I had lost all our honeymoon pictures!

We highly encourage anybody staying in San Jose to stay at this hotel! We will certainly stay again if we go back, there was not a single complaint to be made!

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 2, 2007

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Presidente for our first night of our honeymoon. I had orginally reserved the standard room, but we were upgraded to the spa room with chocolated and champagne for free. The room was decorated with flowers and towels shaped like swans were throughout the room. It was a huge room and decorated very nicely. We had dinner downstairs, and it has a wonderful staff and great food!! Night life in San Jose is something not to be missed! With all of the shops and people selling thier goods, it is a shppers heaven, not to mention you can grab a snack from the various food vendors on the side streets. Burger King, Taco Bell, Pizza Shops to give you an idea of whats available.

We stayed at Hotel Presidente on our last night of our honeymoon too. The room had a huge spa tub and exotic flowers throughout. Birds of Paradise are beautiful flowers. We enjoyed the many hand made craft offered in the shops in San Jose. The people of Costa Rica are friendly and courteous. Great Place, Wonderful People. Pura Vida!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2007

This hotel is filled with sad american men who try and hook up with the hookers... they are pathetic old men crowded in the bar telling stories of their nights with prostitutes. pathetic is being nice. the wall in my room was covered in some funk i rather not go into detail.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2007

The Presidente is, IMHO the best full service hotel in the heart of what is known as "Gringo Gulch" in downtown San Jose. This area is known for nightlife and oriented toward single males - i.e. gambling casinos and companionship for hire. The Presidente is probably the only hotel in that zone that actually offers the amenities and services of a traditional urban business hotel. They will allow you to bring friends back to your room for visits, but their policy is that only one friend can visit you at a time. The rooms are OK, nothing special, but not bad. It's comparable to a typical 3* hotel in a U.S. city. The main restaurant is above average for breakfast, but not very good for meals other than breakfast. It's a very short walk to the Blue Marlin and Key Largo bars, and several gambling casinos. They have a couple of PCs for free internet access for their guests. Parking is limited, so try not to rent a car for the days you will be staying in San Jose.

• Stayed: April 2005
1  Thank D1andonlyDman
Reviewed May 22, 2007

This was one of the nicest hotels we stayed at in Costa Rica. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The
inclusive breakfast was OK, nothing special but not terrible. Our favorite part of the hotel was the excellent location, many of the major attrations are within a very short walk away. I would definately stay here again if I returned to San Jose.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business