1,758 results
All reviewscosta ricacentral locationrooftop barpedestrian mallheart of san josenice hotelnational theatregold museumstreet noiseking bedyogurtlobby areastandard roomrental carfelt very safebreakfast was includedfew blocks
Reviewed October 12, 2017

My husband and I stayed here on the last night of our trip to be closer to the airport, and it was the night of our anniversary. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and bottle of wine at the beautiful rooftop bar! The chocolate dessert (forget the name, it came with vanilla ice cream) was AMAZING. The room was clean and comfortable, and the modern decor of the lobby and common areas really set this hotel apart. Had a great experience with every staff member we spoke with, and arranging the airport shuttle was an easy process ($35). Breakfast was included and also delicious. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Mario M, Owner at Hotel Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

We LOVE your review and comments. Has been posted in our internal communications and shared with everyone in the hotel. Thank you for your enthusiastic endorsement and happy belated anniversary.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

We arrived in San Jose and had transport waiting for us provided by the hotel. When you exit the airport there are a lot of people waiting to try to take you and it was a little overwhelming but our guy was there with our name which made it easier.

The hotel itself is very nice on the inside and the room(we stayed in the superior room) was comfortable and very spacious. In fact we felt the room could have been smaller haha. The hotel has a nice rooftop bar/tapas spot which was decent. The drinks were really good.

Do note if you are from the states a Michelada in these parts is just beer with lime juice and salt.

The hotel was walking distance to many museums and the artisan market which had some cool souvenir items.

Overall I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Calvin C
Mario M, Owner at Hotel Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2017

Thank you for your review Calvin, very motivating. Note made on the Micheladas, I do agree that in Mexico they are more elaborate. Will look into adjusting.

Reviewed September 26, 2017

Hotel Presidente is an awesome spot in San Jose. It serves as the perfect getaway from the business of San Jose. Great rooms, trendy decor, and the COOLEST bar I've ever been too. You need to make sure your follow the red stairs when you visit!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Mario M, Owner at Hotel Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

We LOVE your description of Azotea Calle 7 - the coolest bar I've ever been to - Thank you for sharing, and for such an enthusiastic endorsement.

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on an overnight going back home to Houston. Very large room with nice air, hotel staff was very friendly with a $35 airport transfer. Getting dinner was another trip. I’m not sure what’s going on with the restaurant on the 4th floor. It has great views with an outstanding outdoor patio. Unfortunately, that’s where the fun ended!! We wondered in and out several times before we initiated contact, with whom, I believe turned out to be the manager? When we went to basically seat ourselves, we where shown that all the tables were reserved. Except for a few near the bar that were so tiny I could barely fit my mojito on. I guess long story short, they could’ve cared less about my wife and I being there, the portions were very small, overall a confused mess. I had been playing with my phone and iPad, with various weather apps and noticed showers rolling in. When I asked again, who I thought was our waiter/Mgr. he said how would I know?? 5 minutes later three tables of four each came running in from the outdoor patio to escape a deluge. Just avoid the restaurant would be my advice.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Mario M, Owner at Hotel Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

We are very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations and standards at Azotea Calle 7. Our staff reports that indeed we were short staffed on the night of your visit and we struggled to cater to every guest that night. This is an unfortunate exception an we apologize. We do hope you can visit us again to give us a second chance to make a great impression.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

I started and ended my vacation here. The hotel is really well kept and clean. The staff is really friendly and the overall vibe is great. The breakfast was fine and the coffee was really good. Its located right downtown, so easy for sight seeing. San Jose is a really busy place but worth a look.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Mario M, Owner at Hotel Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Thank you for your enthusiastic endorsement of our hotel and San Jose. We agree that it is a busy city, worth visiting.