Hotel Presidente
$128
$84
$85
Bookit.com
Barcelo San Jose(San Jose)
$90
  • Breakfast included
$77
$72
1,680 results
All reviewscosta ricacentral locationpedestrian mallrooftop barheart of san josenice hotelgold museumnational theatrestreet noiseking bedyogurtstandard roomrental cardowntown areafelt very safebreakfast was includedone night stay
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights recently on a business trip to San Jose. The hotel is situated right in the middle of the city and opens onto the pedestrian street. The cost from the airport was US$30 each way.

My room was fine but there was no view, in fact the windows were frosted up so that was a bit of a drawback. Otherwise, the room was very comfortable as was the bed.

The staff were extremely courteous and helpful at all times and helpful booking tours and taxis and changing money. I would say that parking is not very good at the hotel as the space is extremely limited.

I ate in the lobby/restaurant many times during my stay and the food was very good as was the breakfast. I ate at El Patio restaurant right across the street a few times and this was fine also.

I might consider a more modern location slightly out of the centre next time but this hotel definitely had a lot of character and I could not find much to deter me from staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wrightser
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I would definitely stay at his hotel again. It has very nice rooms, some with Jacuzzi Bathtubs, which I loved. The location is right in the middle of town, with access to the main streets in Downtown San Jose. I also felt very safe in the area. Overall, If you are staying in Downtown San Jose, I would highly recommend staying at this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great staff very accommodating also. Good city location and safe parking as well. Terrific cook and bartender will cater to your needs. Very friendly also.
Our room was comfortable and a/c worked well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed one night on either end of our trip to Costa Rica. The staff is very friendly. The rooms were adequate in space and comfort. The buffet breakfast is quite limited but tasty. Eating area is tight and right in the middle of corridor and in front of the hotel desk. The hotel's location is probably its saving grace. It's in the middle of the main shopping street where no cars are allowed to drive.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jazzdog99
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Prior to our arrival, I contacted the Director of the hotel, Mr. Daniel Mikowski, to ask if we could check into the hotel early as our flight arrived at 6:00 a.m. Mr. Mikowski responded immediately and not only allowed an early check in, upgraded us to a suite! We were very pleased with the hotel. Everyone from the front desk to the maids were very kind, considerate, helpful and friendly. We especially appreciated all of the tips provided by Diego, one of the waiters. The hotel is located in downtown San Jose. It was difficult to find because we rented a car from the airport (I highly agree with everyone when they say DO NOT RENT A CAR) and the traffic and signage was terrible. However; the hotel was perfectly located on the pedistrian walk with restaurants and shops within walking distance. The complimentary breakfast at the hotel was different each day. They also offered omlets and pancakes (I believe) but there was enough food with the buffet. Yogurt, cereal, toast, pastries, scrambled eggs, sausages, shredded meat and plantains. Also rice and peas nearly every morning! We took a few tours offered from the hotel and I highly recommend doing this. We also drove to the other side of the country and stayed two nights near Jaco.

Room Tip: It never hurts to ask for an upgrade. The suite with a jacuzzi tub was awesome! I used it every night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family