“Absolute Best Customer Service!”
Review of Hotel Presidente

Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had an unexpected medical emergency that required us to stay in San Jose. The doctor recommended Hotel Presidente and I'm extremely glad I took his advice.

We remained in the hotel all day for four days. The hotel staff provided the absolute best customer service I've ever experienced! I had a lot of special requests because of my wife's medical condition. The staff went way beyond what was expected to help us out.

The hotel was very clean and the room service was excellent. Free breakfast buffet. One entrance to the hotel leads directly to a long pedestrian-only zone with street vendors, shops, and restaurants. We had a great view of the mountains and a beautiful church.

I will return to Costa Rica and I will always stay at Hotel Presidente when I visit San Jose.

Room Tip: Ask for a spa suite facing the mountains.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danny L
danielmh, Director at Hotel Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Danny L,

Reading reviews like this one is the absolute best part of working in the lodging industry. I have shared your wonderful comments with our Staff for them to rejoice.

I hope that your wife has fully recovered and I am pleased and honored that we were able to help through difficult times.

We wish you both the best.

Daniel Mikowski
Director

There are newer reviews for Hotel Presidente

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at our hotel at about 8:30 at night, and were kind of taken aback by the neighborhood. The hotel is alright. The room: clean. Really large bathroom. View was truly bad. Actually, no view at all. Room was small, but the bed was lovely, and the layout was modern. In all, if you just need an overnight in San Jose, this will do it. But not much more for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Paul H

Dear Paul H,

We greatly appreciate your review and feedback.

We are constantly working with our local Government and our Neighbors to find ways to improve our City. It would be of great help if you could elaborate on your impressions and suggestions.

I would love to have a chance to talk to you. Please contact me at daniel@hotel-presidente.com
Thank you for choosing the Presidente. We wish you great times and great journeys.

Daniel Mikowski
Director

Reviewed September 2, 2012

If you need a great place in San Jose, this is it. Great service, secure, free breakfast and clean rooms. I will be back for sure. The hotel is near many great restaurants, shopping and nightlife. When we came back from the club, security checked our names on the list. Very secure.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank naplestone

Dear Naplestone,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are very glad it was pleasant one.

We are particularly pleased that you found the Presidente to be a very secure environment, as it is one of our top priorities.

San José has indeed become a fun city with many great things and places to explore and experience, and there are a lot more coming up very soon. We look forward to having you as a Guest of our Hotel and City very soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Location is excellent, The rooms are clean and comfortable. Price-quality affordable!
The staff is really helpful. The tours suggested by the reception are good and reliable.
The breakfast was good, but could be refreshed faster, the plates were empty several times.
Recommend!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Aleksandr S,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Oscar Ramirez our F&B Manager and his team have taken care of your comments regarding our buffet and are making sure our chafing dishes are always full.

Thank you for your feedback and kind words which I have shared with our Staff.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

If you have to stay in San Jose this is probably your best bet. The problem is that between the outside noise and no carpeting in the hotel, you hear every footstep and every piece of luggage going down the hall and up and down stairs. The staff was friendly and room was comfortable but we literally got no sleep due to the noise.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Katherine C, General Manager at Hotel Presidente, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear TinaM56,

Please contact me to manager@hotel-presidente.com, so that I can follow up your claim, and take actions based on your feedback.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The rooms do not have a window, which I didn't really like. But, I did really like to just walk out the back door and be on the pedestrian mall that runs through San Juan. We had a great time walking all around, eating across the walkway for dinner, choosing a high balcony on the street for drinks, and visiting the bakeries for snack-time. The door is manned by two security guards, so it feels safe.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear KimandMitch,

Thanks for the nice review. I agree inside rooms are not as nice as city view ones, just few people request those rooms, mostly concerned about noise, but as soon as they try the city view rooms with sound proof windows, those rooms become favorites... In the future, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back anytime, please contact me directly or request city view on your reservation.

Hope to host you one day soon,

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have stayed at the Presidente in the past and really liked the place. Last time I was there in 2007 they gave me an upgrade to a junior suite due to construction next to my assigned room, and it was really very nice. I just got back from a trip to Costa Rica a week ago, and I made a point to stay at the Presidente for one night even though it was twice the price of some of the other places I stayed at. It wasn't the same place as I remembered. I actually had to walk outside and look at the front to see if the taxi had taken me to the right place. Where's the restaurante? I really enjoyed being able to go down to the News Cafe for a drink or for dinner, meeting people at the bar. All gone now. The Casino is gone too. The hotel is very nice and clean, quiet, safe and a great breakfast in the lobby. A great place to get a good nights sleep before heading elsewhere. I had no real complaints, but I can list half a dozen places downtown where you can get a great nights sleep for less money. My past trips I spent multiple nights at the Presidente, but one night was plenty this time around.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a junior suite if they have a good off season price.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Nogoodscreennamesleft,

First of all, ple ase accept my apologies if your stay was dissapointing. Hotel Presidente has change its facilities since May 2011, that our News Cafe restaurant was closed and the new cafeteria was opened, however, the Casino Fiesta is still open and located in the same two floor building next door, and connected to hotel facilities at the second level as always.

I can see how you missed the News Cafe restaurant this time and respect your preferences, however, consider our hotel if appropriate and be welcome any time soon, it will be my pleasure to meet your person and hear how can our hotel fit your expectations.