Having stayed a while at this hotel, I can unequivocally say it is a better option in San José. The rooms were comfortable, fairly clean (with the occasional long stray hairs left behind by the maids), the A/C was working fine, and it was easy to get a taxi to/from to anywhere... BUT... there were also a few problems.
The shower pressure was beyond poor. I had to unscrew the shower head from the pipe in order to get any pressure, and even with the head of the shower removed, it was still difficult to get a good shower. If you plan to take a shower on your trip, then don't stay here.
There's one particular woman working at the reception who is very sour. I'm not sure why she has a job there, perhaps she is with the management, and, if that is true, then she is ruining the reputation of the hotel. Hopefully she'll leave and relocate to the jungle, somewhere deep inside without a mosquito net.
And speaking of insects, other problems as follows:
The restaurant was infested with fruit flies. The bread, fruit, jam, you name it, all covered in flies. Absolutely gross.
The "gym" in this hotel is a corner located under a flight of stairs, with 3 pieces of non-functioning equipment, next to a hot, humid, outdoor jacuzzi.
The internet terminal in the lobby did not work during my stay.
The safes in every room can be opened by the universal default master code, which I won't mention here in order to protect the current guests of the hotel, but such carelessness by the management is a safety risk, and it is definitely a bad idea to store your valuables at this hotel.
Conclusion: Find an online deal for this hotel; it's not worth full price. It can be a better alternative to many hotels in San José as it is in a fairly safe area, you can go outside and walk around during the day, and it's not too far from anything by taxi. Most of the staff were friendly and accommodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located near La Sabana Metropolitan Park, the heart of the city of San Jose, you will find Rincon del Valle Hotel and Suites, ready to offer you a comfortable and friendly environment where guests can enjoy themselves of the peacefulness and security of the area. The Hotel is located just 1.2 Miles from downtown San Jose and 10 miles from Juan Santamaria International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rincon del Valle Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rincon Del Valle Hotel And Suites
- Rincon Del Valle Hotel San Jose
- Rincon Del Valle Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/San Jose